Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illinois Lawmakers Go After Guns and Bullets to Quiet the Bloody Streets of Chicago

The one thing that jumped out at me in this article was the proposed legislation around encoding bullets:
. . . Rep. Sonya Harper (D) . . . offered legislation that would force ammunition manufacturers to code the bullets they sell.
Each bullet casing would be encrypted with a code that police could then use to track down the store where it was purchased and who bought it.
From the CEO that developed the technology:
“You're going to have to explain, Mr. Smith, why is the bullet you bought at Walmart now in this 5-year old's head, on the West Side of Chicago. Explain that,” Harrington said the police would be able to say.
If this was to pass, any ranges would need to modify the shooting lanes to ensure the brass doesn't get co-mingled between shooters. i'd probably never shoot alone again and have someone to act as spotter to retrieve any spent brass.

Unless all the ammunition is behind the counter (which it may be in IL) someone could switch one or more rounds between boxes so the rounds they buy would be attributable to whoever buys the other box. So many ways this could be exploited.

Perhaps the representative owns stock in companies that produce reloading equipment/supplies - because I see that becoming a very popular activity.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Wow, another insane idea from a Chicago lawmaker. When will it end? They never get the point, that if they'd just enforce their own rules, they would need no more laws, and new regulations. No doubt the men in blue are working their tails off enforcing the law, but black market guns are still very plentiful, it seems.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What was the State that just ended a similar program after many years and million of dollars spent? They determined that the tracking system never solved even one crime.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was the State that just ended a similar program after many years and million of dollars spent? They determined that the tracking system never solved even one crime.
It was Maryland, but it was a different 'process'. They required that each weapon sold include a spent case to be sent to authorities to be included in a database to "fingerprint" those weapons. And, you are right, they didn't solve one crime with it and disbanded it after 15 years. So, of course, we have to take the same idea and try it by 'fingerprinting' the cases instead of the weapon. I.e. instead of trying to track every weapon, lets track every single round sold. :blink:

Maryland scraps gun "fingerprint" database after 15 failed years

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
If Cook County "lawmakers" had their way, they'd all be a committee of emperors deciding on what's BEST for All of US!. Get your OWN HOUSE in order, then (and ONLY then) will I listen to your bloviating clap traps. Otherwise, piss-off. :hand5:

Reactions: RichB70

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
So the proposal will end up creating a registry of ammo purchasers.

And we all know what registration leads to.

Besides, unmarked ammo will just be brought in along with the guns.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Not sure about this but I'm guessing the bad guys don't have FOID cards needed to buy ammo in IL.

They probably buy or steal their ammo in Gary IN, MO, MI, WI or any other state besides IL.

This legislation is total nonsense and a futile effort from an inept, corrupt political hack.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can we trade Chicago (and all of it's rulers) to Canada for like a few gallons of maple syrup or something?
I would think we would need to give them something to take Chicago off our hands. It would still be worth it.
[No offense to the law abiding people who happen to live there]

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I would think we would need to give them something to take Chicago off our hands. It would still be worth it.
[No offense to the law abiding people who happen to live there]
How about we throw in New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, and California?

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
If they would only laser engrave each molecule of gunpowder we could finally get to the bottom of all of this senseless gun violence caused by whoever is running against me.

nevermind that...it's time to simply incarcerate everyone in Illinois............that way we know we got em....:wave:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Illinois Lawmakers Go After Guns and Bullets to Quiet the Bloody Streets of Chicago

The one thing that jumped out at me in this article was the proposed legislation around encoding bullets:

From the CEO that developed the technology:

If this was to pass, any ranges would need to modify the shooting lanes to ensure the brass doesn't get co-mingled between shooters. i'd probably never shoot alone again and have someone to act as spotter to retrieve any spent brass.

Unless all the ammunition is behind the counter (which it may be in IL) someone could switch one or more rounds between boxes so the rounds they buy would be attributable to whoever buys the other box. So many ways this could be exploited.

Perhaps the representative owns stock in companies that produce reloading equipment/supplies - because I see that becoming a very popular activity.
heres my problem with the entire liberal mind-set. (i guess it didn't copy into my post) the quote where they say "this would allow police to ask how did this bullet that you bought end up in this 5 year olds head." um…. last time i checked the defense doesn't have to PROVE anything… just the way they think is unbelievable.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
You know I am all about ending street crime.....but the more I think about this....the more I don't think the hood rats are paying any attention to the legislation.....I could be wrong.....but it's not looking good.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It's not about ending street crime, it's about contolling the peons and taking away their ability to fight for themselves. All of the extreme gun contol measures they've implemented have not even slowed down the murdering gang members running free. Sure if they can trace back a stolen gun or ammunition to a law abiding citizen they can lock him or her up and throw away the key, while the scumbag that loaded, aimed, and fired the weapon runs free to keep voting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Peoples Deomcratic Republik of Marylandistan. al the shell casings were being stored in 55 gallon drums. complete joke

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't present this before congress because the people who were suggesting it looked like they were all fluffed up like they thought they had the end all solution for violence and the news media was idiotic enough to give them a news conference to tell about it. So there will be a few million people who don't know anything about guns who will jump on the band wagon. It sounded like an easier solution to the problem than trying to control the crime in Chicago now that all the thugs have rights too. Should make a run on ammo for awhile before the cost of each bullet goes out of sight.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts