Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Second N82 Tactical holster over the weekend. NOT for a second gun, but because I sent my first one back!

My first N82 hoslter was their newer "professional". Personally, I found it a bit bulky, the clip would unexpectedly rotate, and it was just too much holster for my needs. N82 offered great customer service and a no-hastle return of my Professional.

Weeks later, I decided to try the N82 "Original" holster. Sure am glad I decided to give N82 a second chance. Now, I'm a N82 Believer! The Original is much thinner than the Professional and I find it to be much more comfortable. The holster needs to be removed in order to reholster, but I'm not going to be drawing my gun unless I'm shooting somebody anyway, so reholstering is not a big deal. For competition shooting I wear an OWB holster, not my everyday IWB.

Long-story-short, if at first you're not happy with your N82 holster, try, try again.

:shakehands:

Reactions: Drgnfly

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the Original N82 for my Sp101 revolver, and carry it AIWB. It is comfortable to wear all day. My only problem with it is it allows the gun to ride too low below the belt line and the padding goes up to the top of the grip, therefore making it harder to draw.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Original N82 for my Sp101 revolver, and carry it AIWB. It is comfortable to wear all day. My only problem with it is it allows the gun to ride too low below the belt line and the padding goes up to the top of the grip, therefore making it harder to draw.
Interesting. I actually find the Original rides better and is easier to draw than any of my other IWB holsters.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. Ive been considering one of there holsters for my m&p.
You may want to consider buying both, than returning the one you don't want. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I have a N82 for my .... now I forget why I bought it. Until you guys brought it up, I forgot I even have it! I wonder where it is? Obviously I am unimpressed with their product, and have since replaced it with another holster. My issue had to do with being unable to quickly get a shooting grip and the inability to reholster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
N82 tactical..

I own two and my wife one. Love em. Great comfort and Fair price for all day C/C.

And best part, made right here in NC!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an M&P shield and was considering their professional. Does anyone use this holster with that gun? If so do you like it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an M&P shield and was considering their professional. Does anyone use this holster with that gun? If so do you like it?
Found it to be just a little too bulky and the clip never stayed in one place. Returned it for the Original. Very happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it true that you have to remove the entire holster to re-holster the gun with the original? Do you think the tuckable version is the same as the original with a bit of extra space to tuck in a shirt?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it true that you have to remove the entire holster to re-holster the gun with the original? Do you think the tuckable version is the same as the original with a bit of extra space to tuck in a shirt?
Your gun can be safely reholstered with the Original without taking the holster off. However, why would you be drawing your gun anyway, requiring reholstering? Once holstered, my gun stays put.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Your gun can be safely reholstered with the Original without taking the holster off. However, why would you be drawing your gun anyway, requiring reholstering? Once holstered, my gun stays put.
Reholstering is required for practicing. Not to mention is you do have to pull your weapon and shoot someone you don't really want to be standing there with gun pulled when cops show up,how do they know that you are the "good" guy.
I use the professional from n82, yes it is a bit bulkier but I am able to practice with it which to me is one of the most important things we all should be doing if you carry your weapon for self defense.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use it with my 9mm Shield. Only issue I have it that it takes some practice to get used to drawing it with the positive retention built in, but I also like not having to worry about it coming out or someone else pulling it out. I'm a big guy and have plenty of my own bulk, so that's not an issue with me:smile:

·
Registered
929 Posts
I got my professional model late this afternoon (long story, but happy ending). I've never tried the Crossbreed type of holsters, but this is more comfortable than any other IWB holster I've ever tried. I really like not having to wear an undershirt to protect my skin, and the gun. Plus, it hides my P229 (not a tiny gun) very well. So far, very pleased.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The only IWB I own is an n82 pro for my M&P 9c. I am waiting on an INCOG for AIWB carry though ;)

No complaints here about being bulky, or anything of the sort. The screw on the clip does need loc-tite to stay in place though, or it will always back itself out and flop around.

It's super comfortable, I even take naps with my gun ... lol.

Customer service is amazing, fast response and helpful. The first holster I received had a tiny scratch on the leather, hardly noticeable. After emailing Katie just to see if it was normal, she said there should be no scratches on the holster anywhere and that if I wanted to do so they would send out a holster immediately to me, and would send a prepaid box and shipping label for the one I had received. They included a n82 t-shirt with the holster they sent to me :)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I have two N82's, and candidly after buying an SHTF (I need one more of those), a few Remora's and the N82's I don't see a need for a whole lot of holsters. I do have some nice leather rigs for a few guns, and will probably buy one or two more nice leather ones for certain carrying situtations, but with the SHTF, N82 and Remora stash I have I'm very satisfied with my holsters and my options.

·
Registered
316 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372365378.723619.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372365395.768411.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372365413.085251.jpg
This is the Solo from Garrett Industries. These Silent Thunder holsters are the best of all the holsters I have seen. I also have a Fusion model for my Sig P229.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts