Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hoohoo! Xmas came a little early this year... Just picked up my new G26 and had um load it up with some Trijicons too. Many thanks to 10thmtn from this site for putting up with all my questions,:hand10:

Here's a couple of low quality pics. I picked it up on the way to the office this morning so didn't have the digital camera to do it justice. Kinda bummed about the Pearce extensions. The only ones they had were the +3 for the G26 and I'v heard mixed reviews on the reliability of the factory mag springs for the + extensions. Anyway, I haven't even shot the thing yet and I gotta say. I think it's my favorite Glock outa the three that I have. :bier:

GBK
myG262.jpg

myG26.jpg

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Congrats...Love my "Baby" Glock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations !! My only hand guns at the time are Glock's... I have the G-22 & G-27.. Waiting on my CCW and looking for a good gun to carry every day while I am waiting. New to this forum and reading all I can and learning.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Saweet! There are certain guns that I will not hesitate to buy if a great deal presents itself. The G26 is on that list.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Congrats! And I am humbled that you would value my opinions.

Enjoy your new G26!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys! Like I said, I do believe it's my favorite carry pistol already and I've only had it less than eight hours. I really didn't do my homework when I was comparing the G36 to the G26/27. I was caught up in the SL glock coupled with the .45 caliber and there ya go.... I now wish I had chosen the G26 a month ago and then got the G36. While I wanted both and now I have um, I can easily say, for CC the G26 smokes the G36 for my CC needs, not to mention the round count. The advantage for the G36 is the sight radius and the big bore, but for up close and personal confrontations, I wont be looking for the sight pic anyway, just the front sight and threat assessment to worry about IMO.

Cheers!

GBK

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! And I am humbled that you would value my opinions.

Enjoy your new G26!
Thanks man! I checked on the sights that you suggested, but all they had were the Trijicons for an extra $100 so that's what I went with. No brainer huh. :blink:

Oh, and I'm sure allot of us value this boards members, I know I do. Now to just arrange some range time this week....

·
Registered
866 Posts
Lookin forward to a range report! what have you decided on as a carry rig?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lookin forward to a range report! what have you decided on as a carry rig?
Will do on the range report. I've been shooting .40s and my new .45 for most of my range sessions, so I'm kinda looking forward to the 9mm on the Glock platform. Come to think of it, I can't say that I have ever fired a Glock 9mm before.

The main carry for me is usually IWB @ 4:00, but I wanted to go ahead and try out some OWB styles as well for around the house and during winter months. I picked this holster up at the same time and thought it was a good deal comparatively to some of the ones I've seen around town. I'm really wanting to look into the Fist line of paddle holsters because I like the ability to disarm fairly easily when I need/want to. After a total OTD of $750.00 spent today, I may be on gun store restriction with the wife..:embarassed: Oh well, ya only live once right. Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the carry rig. All the Guy had was the Tan, I really wanted the Black but I got the Smartcarry too, so plenty of carry options. :bier:

GBK
Gould&goodprice.jpg

Gould&goodprice-1.jpg

·
Registered
42,342 Posts
The G26 was my second choice to the G30. I wanted the bigger bore and the 10/11 rounds should be more than enough. There's a G26 in my future, but not right away. Waiting to see how you like it!

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Congratulations! That is one nice Glock you have.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Can't have to much tupperwear. I sure wouldn't be carrying with those +3 floor plates until you give them a complete try out!!!

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Congrat on the new Glock, my favorite is the Glock-36, my EDC, but I also have the G-26.

Stay armed...go Glock, :sign11:...stay safe!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't have to much tupperwear. I sure wouldn't be carrying with those +3 floor plates until you give them a complete try out!!!
Will do, I had the same concerns.:yup:

I was trying to get the +0 but the only one they had wouldn't fit due to the small portion of grip hanging down on the front strap. I'll locate the +0 in the next day or so..

Here's a better pic. :bier:

GBK
GottaBahGlock.jpg

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
So many Glocks, and too little money.:smoke23:

Congrats on your new purchase.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Kinda bummed about the Pearce extensions. The only ones they had were the +3 for the G26 and I'v heard mixed reviews on the reliability of the factory mag springs for the + extensions.
I too would not trust the +3 extensions on my G26.

However, I do use the Pearce +1 grip extensions, which give you a great hand hold and seem to make no difference in reliability for me. The springs in those mags are very tight anyway, so I usually only put 10 rounds in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts