Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While politicians (Blanket statement, BUT, with some exceptions) are lining their own pockets from interest groups and such... I'm so pissed about why the infringment of gun rights even exist... While I think that some laws that have been put in place DO infact make citizens a bit safer it has gotten WAY out of control...

I work in the field of Emergency Medicine. Now, I wanna see the actual statisics or where guns were the primary weapon used in a crime... I'll BET that there are more assaults/deaths due to beatings by baseball bats then guns...

Do you need to get a permit for a bat...? NO! If you breath, and can walk into the sports store, any Louisville Slugger bat can be yours.

:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

{SARCASTIC} Yeah, I can tell countries like Australia really got a hold on it...

Crime rates have soared like a B-52 getting to altitude for a bombing run...

An ARMED society is a polite society...

Getting rid of the carry rights of GOODFELLAS like us means that only the BADGUYS will have the guns...

Nothing no one here does not know... I just felt I need to get it off my chest...

The fact of the matter IS. You can't expect the Police to be there the instant someones got a gun in your face... All they will be able to do is call the AMBULANCE to recover your lifeless shell.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guns will never be taken from the hands of criminals, NO MATTER how much gun control the state and federal government impose. All that gun control does give more power to the people that use them to victimize others. We don't live in a perfect society and we never will. Thats why its rediculous to restrict the law abiding citizen from protecting his/her self. Im not fond of many politcians, democrat or republican. Most of them are so far out of touch with reality its frightening.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
The job of the police is to gather after the fact information and make reports; a paraphrase of a SCOTUS decision. It has been said "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." In light of the foregoing I feel that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to self defence in the eyes of the liberal lawmakers.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Your views are shared by everyone here - and periodically they all add up and each of us has a bad day trying to handle the absurdity of it all.

Preaching to the choir - and we are on same page - but it does help to blow smoke now and again :smilez: The fight has to go on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zundfolge said:
Good place to start http://www.gunfacts.info/

Yeah, gun control is stupid and evil ... but the gun grabbers have been working on us for the better part of a century, chipping away at us a little at a time.

We can win our rights back, but its going to take time ... try not to get too discouraged.
Thanx for that link... Great info... BTW, I Miss the "Springs"...

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
We feel for your sense of anger VTLO910.....most (if not all) of us here share the sentiment!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Zundfolge said:
Good place to start http://www.gunfacts.info/

Yeah, gun control is stupid and evil ... but the gun grabbers have been working on us for the better part of a century, chipping away at us a little at a time.

We can win our rights back, but its going to take time ... try not to get too discouraged.
Boy is that link going to make me even more insufferable in gun arguments on other forums. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Okay, so maybe I am reading this wrong..... But one fact on page 36 states that guns are used 2.5 million times a year to prevent crimes. Another fact (don't remember the page) says that there are roughly 80 million gun owners in the U.S. owning 236(?) million firearms. So going off those statistics . . . . just by OWNING a one or more firearms per year for ~33 years, you are statistically garunteed to use your firearm in the prevention of a crime. And that's IF I am reading this correctly. Someone more apt with math should please correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand that ones likelyhood to use a gun to prevent a crime is severely dependent on ones location (Southeast D.C. versus Chilicothe, OH), lifestyle (do you hang out with shady characters?), and job. But WOW. I wonder if that statistic includes LEO's use in clearing leather. If it doesn't.... I don't know whether to be shocked and proud or just proud. haha DAMN!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts