Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've grown tired of the FB groups. It's the same old thing, regardless of group, over and over. Bashing one another and their gear, what or how they choose to carry, etc. I've grown tired of the division. Only time has driven me there. It was a quick fix, in a busy schedule.

Hope to spend more time here, on the forums. The conversations, as I recall, seemed more refined, supportive, and engaging.

Maybe I'm in the wrong? Does FB represent what the gun community has become? Lord I hope not.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
I don’t really think there is a “gun community”. I think fb represents most people though. A lot of fb gun groups suck.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t really think there is a “gun community”. I think fb represents most people though. A lot of fb gun groups suck.
Sadly, I couldn't agree more. It seems, on both counts.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Havok

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I joined a FB gun group for about 24 hours once.

It was a lot like some of the Kahr threads I have seen here.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
23,209 Posts
The only FB Group I look at is Gun Owners of Maine. It is active, well administered, and for the most part, has some great folks that are very knowledgeable. The downside is a few lose cannons and a few idiots.

It has turned into GOME’s primary communication portal, which I personally believe very dangerous.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just don't mock the delicate artisan Hi-Point brand. Or the 30 mag clips. :image035:

Seriously, welcome. We're a weird bunch, but generally nice. Might even earn a Christmas card from one of our ole regular farts.

·
Super Moderator
19,229 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
The only FB Group I look at is Gun Owners of Maine. It is active, well administered, and for the most part, has some great folks that are very knowledgeable. The downside is a few lose cannons and a few idiots.

It has turned into GOME’s primary communication portal, which I personally believe very dangerous.
The VCDL Facebook page turned into a mess for Lobby Day and I don't think it has recovered. They have a team who tries to moderate it, but I don't think they do a very good job. It is invitation only, but I'm sure it has been infiltrated. Important VCDL communications goes through mailing lists that the list owners know who everyone is. But it is kind of klunky.

FB gun pages are like an open tip line for the government.

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
Welcome back. I looked into a couple of other "weapon specific" forums but, there was just too much DRAMA. Settled here and ,being a creature of habit, never left.

·
Registered
33,886 Posts
So you couldn't win hearts and minds at FB and now you come back to try the same here... Ha! You'll never get a Christmas card that way.:rolleyes:

Welcome back.:santaclaus:

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Welcome back. Sadly, though, I think you will find there is more division here than there used to be, and that is a symptom of the wasting disease which has infected our entire country. EVEN SO, most of us still feel like family.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts