Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Welcome back. Sadly, though, I think you will find there is more division here than there used to be, and that is a symptom of the wasting disease which has infected our entire country. EVEN SO, most of us still feel like family.
I'm fine with a bit of it. We all won't agree on everything after all. Hopefully here, it's more constructive. If not, such is life...

Maybe I'm just getting grumpy and set in my ways.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice to see some familiar screen names!

OldVet...ShooterGranny...Rock and Glock. Good to see you're still around.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome back. I've only been here a couple of years myself but I've enjoyed that time. There seems to be a nice mix of knowledge, humor and "other stuff".

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's the same regardless of topic or website. Doesn't matter if it's wine collecting, photography, or guns. There will always be newbies overwhelmed as they're just trying to enter the hobby and experts who forget not everyone has 30 years of experience. Those who believe themselves to be enlightened and preach their opinions as the only one, and those who just exist to disagree. I read, I share opinions and experiences from time to time, I try not to get personal, or take anything personal. When a topic gets off-topic, petty, or boring I hit the back button.

For me the biggest annoyance is not constant caliber wars and carry methods, it's the elitists who would rather shun those from the community than understand not everyone has their level of experience and cash.

"Hey guys, I just bought a Taurus 709 and was wondering how to pick a CCW class" followed by 10 posts of "sell that junk, buy a real gun, you're not ready to carry after only 1 class, if you don't carry with a round chambered you shouldn't carry at all, sell your gun and buy pepper spray"

It's not just the gun community, had a similar experience after buying a camera.

"Hey guys, just bought my first SLR, a Nikon d3500, was wondering what were the best free programs for editing. followed by a dozen "LOL you bought a potato to take pictures with! Before you can even take an image worth editing, you need to buy this $2000 lens. Don't make junk with free software, Just suck it up and buy Photoshop"
Thanks. I'll see myself out.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I listed something for sale on a buy and sale site. Some guy posted nasty comments that he thought were really funny. I clicked his name and got on his page and made comments like "how ya doing buddy." on his site. Just to let him know how easy it would be to make him look like a fool on his own page. I told him what I could have done, I told him that he is very lucky that I am a really nice guy and that I am blocking him. He deleted the stupid remarks he made.
I have a hard time believing that the kind of people who make nasty-funny remarks about everything don't have enough sense to block you from retaliating. Never knew a bully that had any real sense.
I don't do that very often, only when somebody makes a really nasty remark while trying to make me look bad.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome back, N12. I like to think we're pretty thoughtful here, and usually mostly considerate of each other. We all have our moments, though...

This forum is definitely my 1st "go to" when I need to have a REAL question ACTUALLY ANSWERED with a useful answer. It usually happens.

That's a rare gem on the internet...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Facebook, the biggest waste of bandwidth on earth. Sadly many businesses that in pre-FB times would have had a dedicated website now only have a FB page, or if they have a dedicated website it is hopelessly out of date yet the FB page is current. I get that it costs money to keep up a website, but I'll bet many businesses that have a largely older clientele don't get the same benefit from FB that they would from a real website.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I'm on a couple hunting groups from VA and NC that are close by. Pretty good group of people for the most part. Having said that most of the FB gun groups I tried turned childish rather quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I'm a member of a few FB groups for Sigs and 1911s. Also Maine Gun Owners and Florida Carry. If the group doesn't have an admin with an iron hand they can go bad in a hurry.

I also like to paint and urban sketch so I am a member of the WetCanvas forum. Those people are so liberal, anti Trump (even the ones living in other countries) and afraid of Covid-19 that I have to take a break from them ever so often. They are completely the opposite of the members of this group.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome back! This forum site is the one I visit the most. Sometimes there's not much going on here that I care about and then there's the other times when I can't get enough. I like it here and I'm glad you have returned to contribute and share yourself.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Welcome back, glad to see you posting again.
Thank you OD*. It's good to be back.

Reactions: OD*
21 - 33 of 33 Posts