Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife, two year old daughter and I got back from our visit to Maggie Valley, NC last night. Great weekend in the mountains!!!

We visited Santa Land, Soco Falls and drove the Blue Ridge Parkway (yes I locked up the pistols) from the southern end up to Linville, NC and went to the Linville caverns.

Great way to spend the weekend with the family!

Notice the clouds in the valley

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I love living in NC, and the Linville Falls is one of my favorite places to hike and take photos. Glad y'all had a great time.

NCH

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Looks like somewhere I'd love to visit. Nice pictures!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good photos. My Dad has a second home right outside Linville and I and the wife often visit there. The Parkway is always part of our trip (weapon locked-up, of course). Did you go to Mt. Mitchell while you were there?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Cool pics...:hand10:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
It's nice in that area.....thanks for the pics

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I grew up about 20 minutes off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia.

I never get tired of the beauty of the mountains and the spectacular views from Skyline Drive.

Great pictures.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good photos. My Dad has a second home right outside Linville and I and the wife often visit there. The Parkway is always part of our trip (weapon locked-up, of course). Did you go to Mt. Mitchell while you were there?
We went there in 2005 but there just wasn't enough time this trip. Next year I think we will stay in Blowing Rock and do Mt Mitchell, The Brown Mountain Lights, Grandfather Mountain & the Linn Cove Viaduct.

·
Registered
20 Posts
beautiful pictures

Hey those are great pictures.. My father was from Lenoir. I haven't been up there since i was 16 and that was a very long time ago i'm 47 now. I love the waterfall picture.
Patrick

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Great pics...makes me miss the mountains in AK...thanks for sharing!:hand10:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I miss NC. Thank you for the pics.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am originally from the other side of the mountains in East Tennessee and my dad was born in Asheville, NC. Those are fantastic photos and make me somewhat homesick for the mountains. Glad you had a great time.

Armydad

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks, I know why this country is the best in the world. A nice reminder.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. Makes living in MI pretty boring.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts