Registered
18,298 Posts
Yes Sir!

Reactions: deadguy

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
Nicely done! :congrats:

I can remember back in the late 1970s early 1980s when the CZ-75's were like the Holy Grail of handguns. You could only get them if you found one imported thru Canada, and they cost a small fortune. We're very fortunate today such a quality hand is easily available.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CZs are like Lay's potato chips... bet you can't have just one!
Just what I need...another platform that breeds.

With that being said, I had been looking at CZ's SAO models recently. I would prefer to have a SAO model, but this one should be a decent introduction to CZs. I don't really care for the DA pull, but the SA and thumb safety do appeal to me (a la 1911).

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nicely done! :congrats:

I can remember back in the late 1970s early 1980s when the CZ-75's were like the Holy Grail of handguns. You could only get them if you found one imported thru Canada, and they cost a small fortune. We're very fortunate today such a quality hand is easily available.
And to think this one came in a local trade through Armslist......

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts

With that being said, I had been looking at CZ's SAO models recently. I would prefer to have a SAO model, but this one should be a decent introduction to CZs. I don't really care for the DA pull, but the SA and thumb safety do appeal to me (a la 1911).
My Shadow 2 has such a smooth DA pull, it's a tossup for me to leave it in Condition One for the steel matches or lower the hammer.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Shadow 2 has such a smooth DA pull, it's a tossup for me to leave it in Condition One for the steel matches or lower the hammer.
One thing I picked up on really quickly is how uncomfortable the trigger is when pulling DA. The curve is so severe that the bottom tip digs into the bottom of my trigger finger. I've read that Cajun Gun Works does amazing work on these pistols, but I don't plan to dump money into it. Most likely keep it stock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One thing I picked up on really quickly is how uncomfortable the trigger is when pulling DA. The curve is so severe that the bottom tip digs into the bottom of my trigger finger. I've read that Cajun Gun Works does amazing work on these pistols, but I don't plan to dump money into it. Most likely keep it stock.
25 or so years back I picked up a Tanfoglio copy of the CZ-75. I have noted the same issue with the shape of the trigger. The trigger pull is smooth as silk and the SA break is like breaking glass. I would love to replace the trigger, but not at the loss of that sweet action....

Sent from my water damaged bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I looked around on the CGW site, and the CZ Custom site, and found different triggers that can be installed (by me) that will convert it to SAO, or provide a more comfortable feel than the current trigger. Apparently, the bite I am getting is quite common.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Ha!

Send it to Cajun Gun Works down here in Louisiana.

You probably cannot imagine what it will be like then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I've always heard good things about CZ handguns, but never got one. Looks like you got ahold of a good one.

I do have one of their rifles; a 452 in 22wmr and it's one heckuva nice firearm.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha!

Send it to Cajun Gun Works down here in Louisiana.

You probably cannot imagine what it will be like then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's tempting, but I know me very well. My tendency to sell guns after I have had them and shot them a bit is what concerns me. Dumping $400 into this one and then deciding I want the next new shiny one that comes along would hurt me in the end. However, I know that a CGW package raises the value of a pistol.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Nice pistol.
My SP-01 is a .40 cal and the gun I shoot most accurately. I don’t get any trigger bite at all from the funky curved trigger. This big hunk of steel sure makes for a soft shooting 40. I bet 9mm has next to no recoil.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice pistol.
My SP-01 is a .40 cal and the gun I shoot most accurately. I don’t get any trigger bite at all from the funky curved trigger. This big hunk of steel sure makes for a soft shooting 40. I bet 9mm has next to no recoil.
I did not know there was a .40 S&W version of the SP-01. Looks like I got another CZ pistol on my shopping list now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts