Defensive Carry banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Whoo ... a bad CZ-itis has set in with you Deadguy.

Sure would be fun to read of your exploits and views on models and modifications here. Awfully good guns in my opinion.

I dabbled by picking up a CZ 75 BD a few years ago. It's been a slow process for me to acquaint myself with it, but it's everything the Defensive Carry Forum CZ guys here say they are. I'd take another one or two. Would like a .40. Gotta nail down a couple more 1911 wants too though.

Now I want to go to the range and see about your trigger concerns. I haven't had any negative impression to this point. Now you've suggested something and I could be a suggestible person.

Before and after ordering out the stocks from CZ.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
P01 Omega.....well done sir !!!!!
Just about to take possession of my second PCR with Cajun Pro package....can't wait !!!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Whoo ... a bad CZ-itis has set in with you Deadguy.

Sure would be fun to read of your exploits and views on models and modifications here. Awfully good guns in my opinion.
Yes, it has set in...hard.

I won't have much info to add on these that hasn't already been posted, mainly because I am so new the CZ game, and trying to learn as much as possible. I will say that since I posted the picture above, I have already swapped the decocker out for the thumb safety. I am hoping I can install a paddle type thumb safety a la Shadow style. I'll have to make a call and see if that will work.

DA trigger out of the box is rough, as in heavy as all get out. SA is OK. I would prefer less takeup and a crisper break, but that won't happen until I replace a few things to sweetin' it up a bit. I will try the whole polish every part routine first, and see where that leads me. I understand the Omegas weren't meant to be race guns in any way, so getting a SA trigger like the Shadow may not be possible. That's OK, though. For HD use it will be fine.

This little gat feels good in the hand. Great balance with the alloy frame, and thankfully the compact mags have the "pinky pad" on the bottom.

For anyone that doesn't know, and I just discovered this myself, with the thumb safety installed, it still operates in DA mode. The thumb safety can be activated in half cock mode for shorter DA pull, and of course, in fully cocked SA mode.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have had this PCR for several years. Installed the walnut grips a couple of years ago. Haven't done anything to this beauty and it is sort of my "barbecue gun".

Trooper Joe
That is just a beautiful gun. I bet it shoots good too. Damn, got me itching for one like it now! Are those Marschal grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
P-01 Omega* - I ordered the ultra light kit and reduced power trigger return spring from CGW, and just finished up putting it all back together.* Prior to part replacement, I polished the following: contact points of the trigger bar and frame, rear of trigger bar, outside of DA roller and sear pin where it slides into roller, the hammer strut, the FPB plunger and contact point of the FPB lifter.* I used 1000, then 3000, then 5000 grit sandpaper from a 3M headlight restoration kit.* DA pull is noticeably lighter, but without a gauge, I cannot confirm it is 50% lighter with the 13# mainspring (CGWs claim).* I also lightly polished the face of the sear, and noticed a bit less resistance on SA pull.* It's still a longer SA pull than I would prefer, but I will need the P-series hammer and heavier sear spring to achieve that goal.* I knew this would be the case prior to replacing the other parts.

I am pleased with the results so far.* Hopefully I will get to shoot it soon.* *Using the pencil test for firing pin action, it launched the pencil a bit farther than before the part replacements.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
@deadguy along with the reduced power main spring in my Comlact, i put a heavier recoil spring. I think 21 lbs? Recoils like butter. Doesn't slam the chamber. I think that slows the rearward travel that a heavier hammer mainspring would normally do.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
@deadguy along with the reduced power main spring in my Comlact, i put a heavier recoil spring. I think 21 lbs? Recoils like butter. Doesn't slam the chamber. I think that slows the rearward travel that a heavier hammer mainspring would normally do.
Once I get it out to the range I'll get a feel for it and see if the RS needs to be swapped.

Do you notice any increased muzzle dip when returning to battery?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts