Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally received my carry permit from Minnesota.:danceban: After moving from NC this summer and being too busy managing my new account, finally had the time to go through the process.

It took exactly 3 weeks in Hennepin Co. Since my NC permit still good for another 3 years I'm pretty much covered in a good number of states.

I'm craving nachos, I think that another WWW is in order.:yup:

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Congrats on the new permit...MN is now a little safer!:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Excellent! I too may be exchanging mine for a MN in the not so distant future. Time will tell. Good to know it was relatively painless.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to Minnesota. Carrying cocnealed up here may be a bit easier than in NC, what with the big parkas, heavy wool sweaters and all!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Question:
Does NC still recognize your permit even though you are no longer a resident there?

I know when I have moved out of state, my old permit was no longer valid

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question:
Does NC still recognize your permit even though you are no longer a resident there?

I know when I have moved out of state, my old permit was no longer valid
I hope so. I am not aware of anything that might restrict me from using the permit as long as I inform the SO of my move, which I did.

I'll do a little research, just in case. Thanks for bringing it up.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Always great to hear about a new CCW. Congrats!!!:congrats:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new permit...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Welcome to Minnesnowta! And to the carry community.

We've got a good carry law in this state compared to many, a good thing for Minnesota.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, finally received my carry permit from Minnesota.:danceban: After moving from NC this summer and being too busy managing my new account, finally had the time to go through the process.

It took exactly 3 weeks in Hennepin Co. Since my NC permit still good for another 3 years I'm pretty much covered in a good number of states.

I'm craving nachos, I think that another WWW is in order.:yup:
Congrats!

Be sure to visit the local gun forums:
MNGunTalk.com • Portal
CarryForum.com

And welcome to MN :)
B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts