Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions where to look for the Extended 870 magazine? I just purchased the Super magnum, since I'm going to use it both for pheasant (which I'm stuck with only three rounds) and home defense I would like to have as much in the mag as possible

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Wilson Combat makes one, as do many others. Check around on Brownells, midwayusa, natchezss, cabelas, deltaforce, and tapco .com's.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'd go with the Wilson...
High quality stuff....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Be careful. Two points to consider. First I hear that some 870 magazines have a factory dimpled magazine and will not readily accept a magazine extension without some work on those dimples. Second make sure your game laws will allow you to hunt with the extended magazine. Some states do not allow but just so many rounds in the gun. Considering the game laws it may be easier and cheaper to buy an 870P (police model).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The Express models have the dimples of the tube as far as I know. The older ones don't have the dimples.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
the dimples are easily dremeled down too. I sold and installed a few ATI extended mags. Good point about the hunting laws too.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I've used Choate and Tac Star. They are nice and functional, but if you want one that can absorb a thumping, and not peen or bend the mag tube, Wilson is the only way to go. If only Rem would use a 1.5mm wall tube.......:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts