Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In September I was carjacked at gunpoint in my driveway at 10am in the morning. I had taken a concealed class and shot a gun for the first time a few months before but had little ability and less confidence.

I'm 33...a nurse. A mom. A wife. And I applied for my CWP on Friday after shooting my new Glock 43 at least once a week for months.

Btw, I'm a really decent shot even in a pencil skirt and high heels. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky.
Never too late to learn how to defend yourself and your family.
Sorry to hear you were victimized that way, hope it never happens again.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Warm greetings from The Great State of Texas. Welcome to D.C.com. Where the majority of its members strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and doing away with the infringements recklessly tied to it through history.

Texas, One of eight States refusing to label it's college campuses, "Gun Free Zones." One of the few areas of our Nation which continues to allow it's gun owner's to carry more than an empty gun and one bullet in their pocket. In Texas, it is an everyday occurrence to see a horse tied to a post downtown with the owners loaded long gun hanging off the saddle and no one will touch it, other than it's owner. Okay, obviously one of the above three statements referring to Texas is not exactly true any longer.

Enjoy your time at D.C. .com. You are among good people here. :smile:

Nice to hear that you have chosen to move forward in a positive direction after your attack &, have chosen never to be the victim again! You will find a lot of powerful wisdom from others here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pencil skirt. Noun. An item of clothing primarily worn by women; specifically a form fitting skirt generally to the knee which presents certain special challenges while performing nurse or non-nurse ninja moves. ;)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Howdy from Texas, where the west begins. Welcome
Come on in and sit a spell.

I refuse to wear high heels. It's a good thing, my wife says I look ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hello Ecook .... Sorry to hear about the carjacking but glad to hear that you are OK. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision to take responsibility for your personal protection. Practice often and stay safe.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Welcome from another DC member from Texas.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Welcome aboard from the commonwealth of Virginia; the place where it all began. And God love the wonderful differences between the sexes. Pencil skirts and high heels sounds like a piece of heaven to me.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
lol.....well...I'm really reactive. If I had started shooting last spring when I took my CWP class I might not be in this situation....still kicking myself. Absolutely kicking myself.
Being reactive means you are like a lot of folks. There is a saying that Anti gun people are just gun lovers who haven't been mugged yet! PS when you are practicing your Ninja moves, now that you are carrying a gun you will have to learn the Tactical Backflip! DR

1 - 20 of 31 Posts