1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Perhaps they could start with actually putting thugs in prison (5-10 yrs) for illegal carry instead of reduced sentences/slap on the wrist.

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
Some people will never learn , the whole state could make millions on revenue on permits for opening up gun laws . Not to mention the real fact that good people are dying , but not of that makes sense to the group in power .

It is the Liberal Mindset I posted about in another thread . Our state would rather pick up dead bodies , and then try to solve the crime and then prosecute it . they have such a hold on our state and the Bloomberg money keeps flowing in to limit the movement in the right direction .

Maybe will never change until the political folks lose members of their family's .

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Perhaps they could start with actually putting thugs in prison (5-10 yrs) for illegal carry instead of reduced sentences/slap on the wrist.
Almost always the first charge to get dropped in a plea deal.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ever notice that the very SAME metro-areas MOST plagued by out-of-control; crime, public schools, homelessness, unemployment, infectious disease, drug abuse, abandoned neighborhoods, red-ink budgets and governmental corruption have one thing in common? Just check the political affiliation of the mayor, city council, county commissioners, aldermen, judges, lawyers & "community organizers" over the past 3 or 4 decades.

Ummmmmm?, there seems to be an obvious... trend. :blink:

·
Super Moderator
19,163 Posts
In addition to the “high capacity” magazine ban, the Baltimore Sun indicates the Firearm Safety Act requires would-be handgun purchasers to submit fingerprints to the state police, and Fox News reports the Act created a ban that covers “45 types of assault weapons.” Yet Baltimore’s two deadliest years on record–2015 and 2016–occurred after all the gun controls were in place.
Gee I wonder if that may be the cause.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Some people will never learn , the whole state could make millions on revenue on permits for opening up gun laws . Not to mention the real fact that good people are dying , but not of that makes sense to the group in power .

It is the Liberal Mindset I posted about in another thread . Our state would rather pick up dead bodies , and then try to solve the crime and then prosecute it . they have such a hold on our state and the Bloomberg money keeps flowing in to limit the movement in the right direction .

Maybe will never change until the political folks lose members of their family's .
Like I always say, its not about safety, or reducing crime. Its about getting rid of guns. As mentioned previously in this thread, if they wanted to reduce crime, they would actually punish people for the crimes they commit. Im not familiar with any recent pardons in Maryland, but I know both Jerry Brown and Obama are big gun control supporters and both pardoned plenty of people who used guns in crimes.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Obviously they don't have enough laws

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
They seem to have this problem with understanding that criminals break laws. That's their thing, it's the whole point of being a criminal. Criminals only get background checks when they get arrested, they don't buy their guns from Maw and Paws' Gun Emporium. They buy them from..*drum roll*..criminals!.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
I lived there in the 70's Balmere is a rough town !!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
democRATs OWN the legislature in MD and have for a LONG time.

"Shall Issue" is at this point a pure pipe dream. The dems have the numbers to thwart anything and everything Hogan tries to do.

They will never be out of power so to speak because of the horrendous gerrymandering of the state. They positioned themselves to always have a veto proof majority.

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
It's a Hell Hole .............IMO.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No reason to go to Baltimore. It's a dreadful, dreadful place. You may think, gosh that Inner Harbor looks like a fun place. It should be. But the harbor smells like and possibly is 100% raw human waste and every human you encounter is absolutely furious. I mean purple-faced end of their rope furious. From the cab driver to the hideous old bags working at Hooters, everyone is angry. Except the people you see on the street, if you make the mistake of taking a walk around town. They are friendly, outgoing and talkative, but only because they are sizing you up to decide if they will bash you in the head and rob you.

The suburbs are ok, if you stay there, which would be boring.

Seriously I was quite a bit less creeped-out walking the streets of Baghdad, alone, than I am walking around Baltimore. I'm embarrassed that we even have cities like that in the US.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts