Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all!

I had a chance to last night to head out to our local indoor range and give my new SIG P226SCT a run through the paces:

And to say I'm IMPRESSED...is an understatement and I wanted to share.:hand10::congrats: It performed flawless.

I started at 20yrds on the bench sled and discovered after 3rnds that it was a "point of aim" shooter...NOT a 6°Clock hold shooter. NOTE the 3 lower "fly'rs" :

BENCH SLED /[email protected] 20YRDS:

After completing that round by punching 17 more into the center I reset my target and gave it a try free-handed at 20yrds:

STANDING 2 HANDED MOD-WEAVER/30rnds @20yrds

Ummmmm..............YEA I need a little work at that range.:embarassed:

In my own defense - there was ALOT of handgrip shifting to get a "feel" for the SIG and ALOT of trigger jerking. :twak: The SIG has a very short trigger that took some getting used to.
and yea poor lighting......OK MOVING ON.......
I then felt that I needed to seriously redeem myself.... so I re-set my target and moved it up to 10yrds and shot 30rnds free-hand:

STANDING 2 HANDED MOD-WEAVER HOLD/[email protected] 10YRDS:

:image035:.....hmmmm....that's more like it!
I was on a roll & it would have be almost perfect if I hadn't let 3 out of 4 of my last shots turn into"fly'rs" - DOUGH! :tired:

My conclusion.....I LUV THIS GUN! And next to my XD9sc....it's definately my best shooter!

Thanks all for letting me share!:bier:

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Thanks for the report. Don't beat yourself up over the flyers. You were just getting tired, or, at least that is what I tell people when it happens to me!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You SIG people are really starting to sway me! Time to save my pennies, I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new Sig... :congrats:

Sounds like you're already afflicted with the Signess...

I'm gonna have to remember this one... "Flyers are caused by bad primers"

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
No flyers are caused by bullets being out of perfect roundness,I musta got a bunch in my last batch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts