Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a M&P Shield 9mm and a M&P 45 4.5". My M&P Shield 45 should be here anyday. I'm thinking about getting rid of my Ruger LCP with the Viridian Laser (even though I just got it) and my Beretta 92 FS and replacing them with the Bodyguard and the full size M&P 9mm. I could care less about the Ruger LCP as long as the Bodyguard will carry good on my ankle. I really like the Beretta but for some reason I like the idea of having all M&P's. Getting rid of those two and adding two more M&P's would make all of my main carry guns in the M&P family. What are your guys thoughts on that?

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
I understand the M&P 2.0 magazines aren't compatible with the original (Correct me if I'm wrong). That was one of the features that drew me towards Glock.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I like'em, too.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to the safe and got the Beretta out. WOW! It's going to be hard to give that one up for sure. I think, I'm going to really think on this one for a while!

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I went to the safe and got the Beretta out. WOW! It's going to be hard to give that one up for sure. I think, I'm going to really think on this one for a while!
Nothing wrong with M&P's, but personally, for a full-sized 9mm I'd take a 92 over anything out there, except maybe a CZ75.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing wrong with M&P's, but personally, for a full-sized 9mm I'd take a 92 over anything out there, except maybe a CZ75.
Plus the fact I have a bunch of mags and several good holsters for it.

Reactions: Goldy49

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Nice trigger on the 2.0s that i've handled.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
I know several people who could not wait to get rid of their Bodyguard because it wants to jump right out of your hands every time you pull the trigger. Try before you buy on that one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Your dilemma is opposite of mine. All of my revolvers and autos are Rugers. I like them because I've never had an issue with them, and I think thier a fine company. That being said, Im in the the market for a full size 9mm or 40cal. For no other reason than mixing things up a bit, I'm going with a Sig, Smith, or perhaps even a Glock. I just think maybe a little variety in the safe might be interesting.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Nothing wrong with you choice at all. Except if you like your 92 so much you might regret letting it go. If you like the 92 why not just set it aside for a rainy day and save for the other ones.

I will admit I held a 2.0 a few weeks ago and it felt good. Actually it was the first S&W I held that wasn't a revolver.

I know a lot of folks like to have everything one brand or type of gun. I have no issue with that and understand their thinking. But for me I like guns. Its not just sd for me. I like a variety just because its fun to try different things. My gun needs are met but my wants are many. We still have three kids at home do I don't buy often. Now once they are all grown that might be a different story.

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Nothing wrong with you choice at all. Except if you like your 92 so much you might regret letting it go. If you like the 92 why not just set it aside for a rainy day and save for the other ones.

I will admit I held a 2.0 a few weeks ago and it felt good. Actually it was the first S&W I held that wasn't a revolver.

I know a lot of folks like to have everything one brand or type of gun. I have no issue with that and understand their thinking. But for me I like guns. Its not just sd for me. I like a variety just because its fun to try different things. My gun needs are met but my wants are many. We still have three kids at home do I don't buy often. Now once they are all grown that might be a different story.
Three kids at home, who may want to adopt from Dad's armory when legal, sounds like a great reason (excuse) to stock up on a variety of options.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Graydude. you are exactly right. Between guns and knives several of mine are spoken for by the kids. I bought a HKvp9 last year for the sole purpose that my oldest now 20 liked it. She moved out (5 hours away) this past fall but didn't take it with her due to she doesn't have her own place yet.

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
There's a nice little M&P 'family' here - a FS, a 9C, and a Shield. Like them all, a lot, but I wouldn't want to give up the Beretta!

I looked real hard at the BG 380, but it didn't seem quite up to the standards of the other M&P's, so I passed on it. My micro-380 is a Kahr CW380.

If possible, I'd hang onto the 92 and save up for an M&P FS. :yup:

Reactions: Eric357
1 - 20 of 40 Posts