Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - as ever I still get some requests now and again for info on image tweaking - sizing, file sizes - various stuff. As ever for those with limited photo editing gear I recommend the freebie IRFANVIEW

I have in past mentioned my sorta ''help site'' for the whole subject of images IMAGE MATTERS - something I put together originally to try and help folks on THR.

Well I have just added a page - in an attempt to further demystify the structure of digital images - in the hope that it might help separate the three aspects - physical (printed) size, web size (pixels on screen) and saved file size.

If interested take a look at The Anatomy of the Digital Image , which I hope might for a few explain more about it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks Chris!
In the last few years I kinda "tripped" into Digital Graphics, but only in a publish to print environment. (.tif images in Adobe Illustrator only)
Although I have a grasp of all these concepts, I haven't had much experience working with images formatted to strictly digital display & storage, so I fumble around until I "get it straight". (You saw that a few weeks ago when I tried to post a pic of my guns.):tired:

All this is to say, your site is a great help to me in putting all these bits of info floating around in my head into a relational order I can work with.

Your site is now bookmarked and I will spend some time there.

THANKS!:biggrin2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.