Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Very effective tool. I was shown how to use it by it's inventor and my friend, Kelly Worden. I believe it comes with a DVD that explains its use beyond the hammer fist.- George

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know that is used in hammer fist form but I would like to know from someone that has used it in the field... how the result turned out...It seems to me like broken bone, bruised muscles, and collapsed lungs are in the forcast...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Kind of a neat little gizmo as impact tools go...I picked up a couple as well as the DVD's when I attended one of Worden's seminars several years ago.

Never used it on anyone but I think it's safe to assume that the effects would be the same as hitting someone with any other hard object of a similar size.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I guess it varies from state to state but that looks awfully close to a variation on brass knuckles. Are you guys sure it isn't an illegal weapon in your jurisdiction?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I guess it varies from state to state but that looks awfully close to a variation on brass knuckles. Are you guys sure it isn't an illegal weapon in your jurisdiction?
That would depend on the definitions in each state or municipality's laws.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
How are these impact devices going to show up on the new airport body scanners? Is the TSA going to ask you what is this in your carryon? You were able to walk thru the machine before with anything plastic in your pockets before but now? Are we going to back to water bottles, sharpies, carabinas and items that can be reassambled on the other side of screening?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've seen FBI produced training material on a forum that specifically identified this as a weapon. Probably covered in TSA training and well known to police. One reason I stopped carrying my Choate ice scraper. I wouldn't try to get one on a plane.

·
Registered
31 Posts
TSA list of prohibitted items

Martial Arts & Self Defense Items

Item Carry-on Checked

Billy Clubs No Yes
Black Jacks No Yes
Brass Knuckles No Yes
Kubatons No Yes
Mace/Pepper Spray - One 4 ounce (118ml) container of mace or pepper spray is permitted in checked baggage provided it is equipped with a safety mechanism to prevent accidental discharge. For more information visit FAA: Home., click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly. No Yes
Martial Arts Weapons No Yes
Night Sticks No Yes
Nunchakus No Yes
Stun Guns/Shocking Devices No Yes
Throwing Stars No Yes

Probably considered under Martial Arts/Self Defense items - catchall for anything
that looks nasty....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts