Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
144,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would not have believed it.

Last Night on IMPOSSIBLE SHOTS.

Anybody see Jerry Miculek break a small yellow balloon at 200 yards shooting a box stock S&W Airweight Snubbie .38 - while holding the Snub in one hand - gun UPSIDE DOWN and pulling the trigger with his pinky finger? :blink:

Pretty doggone amazing/unbelievable shot.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Call me skeptical.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If anyone could do it Jerry could. He's more then just a fast shot.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Yup, it was a crazy shot, with a snubbie no less. I think it took him what three tries...

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Yep I saw that.
He and Bob Munden both are amazing.

Further proof that barrel length is not an inhibitor so much as understanding & knowing the effects of velocity and gravity as in relation to trajectory toward scoring hits.

- Janq

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Yep I saw that.
He and Bob Munden both are amazing.

Further proof that barrel length is not an inhibitor so much as understanding & knowing the effects of velocity and gravity as in relation to trajectory toward scoring hits.

- Janq
Yeah, I think they said he was aiming 20 + feet above the balloon...amazing shot for sure.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
that show is always entertaining. I was very surprised when the bow guy on there hit a water droplet with the point of the arrow.

just goes to show, if you think you are a good shot, watch this show and see how far you have to progress.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I wish I had the ammo these guy's get to practice with. I think I heard them say they got over 10,000 rounds a year to shoot.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Saw it. I was impressed.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I saw it. 200 yds with a S&W snubbie.

Oh, don't forget the 15-20 mph crosswind.

GREAT shot!

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
That's too bad. :rofl:

What is this "Impossible Shots" and where can it be viewed?
Comes on Wednesday night on Outdoor Channel.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
IF you shoot 50,000 + rounds a year I guess you get pretty good at holding the weapon steady, along with a few other bonuses.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I would not have believed it.

Last Night on IMPOSSIBLE SHOTS.

Anybody see Jerry Miculek break a small yellow balloon at 200 yards shooting a box stock S&W Airweight Snubbie .38 - while holding the Snub in one hand - gun UPSIDE DOWN and pulling the trigger with his pinky finger? :blink:

Pretty doggone amazing/unbelievable shot.
:scruntiny:

I cant even do that with the iron sights on my Mosin sometimes... and thats shooting it correctly.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I saw a couple of old clips on sharpshooting. One guy place a knife into a wooden board and had a balloon on each side of the knife. He shot a .22 into the blade splitting it in half and popping each balloon with half a bullet.

Q I Q <--Balloons

* I * <--Popped

·
Registered
862 Posts
that's crazy. Ol'Jerry!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow Jerry is one hell of a shooter!!! I was at the range yesterday shooting my snubbie and thought my 3 inch groups at 10 yards were good lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts