Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is all over the 'net in case you haven't seen it. Police bodycam footage of the George Floyd incident somehow got leaked to the Daily Mail in the UK. Now it is everywhere. It paints a different picture of what happened. Floyd started saying he couldn't breathe in the back of the police car. That's why the cops took him out of the car. They put him on his side on the sidewalk and actually discussed what would be best for his breathing. They called an ambulance. The first coroner's report said he did not die of asphyxiation and there was no damage to his neck. Officer (at the time) Chauvin did have his knee on his neck, but apparently there was no weight on it, because there was no neck damage. Also, that was an allowed control procedure with Minneapolis PD. Further, there were three other people in the car with Floyd in connection with the incident. They were treated appropriately and were not harmed in any way.

I am not attempting to try this case here. Maybe Chauvin was in the wrong, maybe not, we all have opinions on that. But whether what the officer did was right or wrong is not the legal issue in the case. In order to prove any of the charges that the former officers have against them, the prosecution has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Chauvin's actions caused Floyd's death and it seems they did not. The cause of death was cardiopulmonary arrest, possibly due to illegal drugs in his system and prior medical conditions. At least there will be reasonable doubt of the cause of death.

Here is my whole point: The trial is scheduled for March 8, 2021. There are already motions to dismiss the case earlier for lack of evidence that may have merit. If it gets dismissed or if it goes to trial and the former officers walk or only get convicted of much lesser charges, the crap on the streets is gonna hit the fan, no matter who wins the election in November.

We may be just getting started with reactions to this thing.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Oh my. I think I’d better have a second cup of coffee and reread. This sounds like Semtex at a tea party. But facts are facts, uncertainties are uncertainties. Yeah, another cup is required.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard about that daily mail article. Funny how the Brits get the truth before we do.
As Paul Harvey used to say. " And now for the rest of the story".
Ben Shapiro pointed out that a real travesty here is that the MSM did not get the facts and report the whole story when it happened and they still aren't now that this video is out. That could have forestalled most of the rioting and other backlash and/or could calm it down now. But obviously they want to keep it going. "What bleeds, leads."

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I think the insurectionism will continue no matter the outcome of the election. BLM doesn't really care who is president or what happened to George Floyd or how many black people get killed in Chiraq. They have a different agenda and won't stop until forced to. The longer they go unopposed, the uglier the end result will be. History is full of such apparently unlearned lessons.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
The crap happening in the cities has nothing to do with George Floyd; never did. He was simply a fuse for a bomb planted long before he came along.

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
I shared the bodycam video on fb a few days ago. When this first happened everyone was all about their BLM, and now nobody has anything to say. Funny how that works. When the cops are found not guilty, the outrage will start again.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
I'm in the camp that says George Floyd's death was just the event the Left was waiting for to start the civil unrest and get Trump out of office.

They needed something racial so that anyone doubting could be immediately labeled a "racist" and demonized. That way, they have the moral high ground and anything they do can be written off as acceptable given the circumstances.

It will get worse before it gets better.

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Ben Shapiro pointed out that a real travesty here is that the MSM did not get the facts and report the whole story when it happened and they still aren't now that this video is out. That could have forestalled most of the rioting and other backlash and/or could calm it down now. But obviously they want to keep it going. "What bleeds, leads."
Actually I did read accounts of this in the media shortly after it happened - specifically that he seemed to be having some kind of medical event before he was ever restrained.

The facts of the case don't matter to the riot folks, of course. It's highly unlikely that anyone will be convicted of murder, and the various elections this November should be approached with one concern only: which candidate is most capable of handling the resulting mob violence?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The left is looking at these troubles as "war games". We'll see what happens during and after the elections. They strike at any provocation. I can only imagine this fall.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
To deal with prisoners who are claustrophobic police departments should buy convertibles to use as transport units.
Problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
23,557 Posts
I watched it a couple of times.

I was under the impression the footage was only recently released by the MPD. This implies it was leaked.

Regardless, why did the MPD hold it?

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The facts of the case don't matter to the riot folks, of course. It's highly unlikely that anyone will be convicted of murder, and the various elections this November should be approached with one concern only: which candidate is most capable of handling the resulting mob violence?
Then there are those people running who actually want more mob violence. They exist, and that is part of their plan.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
And my wife thinks I'm crazy to be buying up ammo as fast it is on the market.............

Why didn't this potentially exonerating evidence not come to light until now? Why hasn't the MSM picked up on the story?

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
My ONLY concern at the present, is November. After that, a trial has no significance to me. As other's have already stated, if they "hung all involved, it WOULDN'T matter"! Just MY opinion.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And my wife thinks I'm crazy to be buying up ammo as fast it is on the market.............

Why didn't this potentially exonerating evidence not come to light until now? Why hasn't the MSM picked up on the story?
As Maxwell said above, there were vague mentions of it at the time, but it was not pushed and didn't get much notice. But the authorities and the media knew most of the facts. And keep in mind this is only coming up now because someone leaked the video to a UK publication. Even now, US outlets are not showing the whole thing.

I think it's because once the mob gets up a head of steam, the politicians and the media are afraid of being "cancelled" if they don't stay with the narrative.

One other thing that has become apparent in this day and age are that the rules of evidence have changed. Video evidence is now the most compelling evidence. Forget witnesses, physical evidence, documentation, forensics, etc. If there is cell phone video of an incident, that is it. Case closed.

The fact that this new video evidence has gone public creates a can of worms for the media and the politicians. If the case gets dismissed, the mob is gonna lynch them and they will deserve it. No matter how it turns out, those four cops will have to go into hiding for life. Darren Wilson, the cop in the Ferguson incident, is still in hiding.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
It doesn't matter any more. The damage is done, the perception is there, and people are too wedded to their opinions to ever admit they were wrong.

If these officers have their charges dismissed, people will just say it goes to show that a black man can literally be killed and the police will get away with it.

·
Registered
35,987 Posts
It doesn't matter any more. The damage is done, the perception is there, and people are too wedded to their opinions to ever admit they were wrong.

If these officers have their charges dismissed, people will just say it goes to show that a black man can literally be killed and the police will get away with it.
There must be a sacrifice!

Reactions: msgt/ret
1 - 20 of 22 Posts