Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Me too. And if I do I hope the story doesn't say I had to rack a round into the chamber before I fired.

Reactions: 9MMare and darbo

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I don't presently carry with a round in the chamber. I may rethink that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
"had time to draw his glock and rack a round into the chamber" Wow, that's a slow bad guy..
The gun had one fired round and three misfires, I think it was a defective weapon.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
What people have to realize when they start carrying a gun. If they are forced to use it, their life will be altered forever. Not only does a person need to practice things like SA, tactics and shooting skills. They also need to mentally prepare for a defensive shooting and the aftermath of it.

Reactions: manolito

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
"Emptying his clip, Wolf punched a spare clip into the grip and kept the gun leveled."

He emptied a "CLIP" and reload a "CLIP"? When did Glock start using stripper clips?

All Male Bovine Feces aside, the after event is much harder on a person then the event. Most of the time during the event your in the Fight or Flight mode looking for a way to survive. When you step out of the crisis is when your "what If" and "why me" thinking kicks in! And that doesn't include all the outside peer/family pressure!

Those new to carring should read "In Gravest Extreme" here is a Amazon link: In the Gravest Extreme: The Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection: Massad F. Ayoob: 9780936279008: Amazon.com: Books

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Interesting read. Kudos to Mr Wolf and Ms Keeney.

Mr Wolf is alive only because of three misfires. If your weapon is not loaded and ready to shoot, why carry it?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Ayoob is the role model I follow. Been a while since I read the book but I think his advice is what I practice today. Call 911 when officer arrives explain I am the good guy he tried to shoot me. I want to cooperate in any way I can in the next 72 hours once I have spoken to my attorney and then shut my pie hole and say no more.

·
Registered
37,202 Posts
Glock with clips, five-shot derringer revolver ... interesting writing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't like that the family of the BG said the victim should've shot their son on the leg or arm so he could spend time in jail. I wonder if the BG would do the same to the victim? Shot him to wound instead of killing him for the robbery. What is up with these people? If you pull your weapon it is inteded to stop the criminal with DEADLY FORCE.....not WOUNDING FORCE.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Killing a someone is easy. Living with it afterward is very difficult.

Once done, a person is going to have more worries than they ever thought. You cannot kill someone, for ANY reason, and walk away. There will be police to talk with. Then District Attorneys. Then possibly a Grand Jury. Possibly a trial. There will be legal fees. And maybe a civil suit against you.

The best thing is to avoid a shooting to begin with. Too many people are too eager to shoot someone. You want to rob me of my money, I will give it to you. A trip to the bank will replace the money I lost to you. YOu want my car, take it, I have insurance to cover the loss.

Criminals do not want to go to jail for life or be executed over killing someone. Most homicides in robberies are due to resisting. If someone has a gun on you, there is no way you can draw and fire accurately faster than they can pull a trigger.

Sure, there are events that will make me shoot someone. Unlike some, I shoot to stop and not to kill. If the person dies, then they brought their demise upon themselves.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
But it's a Glock!!!
Oh no you didn't! That just cuts a man deep right there.....Kind of like saying most cops carry Glocks instead of 1911's because they can't call 911 and get a gunsmith to come....Oops! Just saw your avatar!:smile:

Just joking!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts