Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scrolling through the "Members List" section I couldn't help but notice a staggering number of inactive members.

I saw some that joined four or five years ago, have never had a single post and haven't even visited DC.com for years.

Do inactive members eventually get purged from the system?

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Well, good point now that it has been brought up. Hard to figure what "inactive" might entail. Service members overseas? Purging inactive members after a pre-determined amount of time might free up some resources on the site, but more than likely not enough to make a big difference. I've never heard of a website forum that deletes members for inactivity actually, but I have heard of members of a specific forum within a site forum that can loose their membership by means of a voting consensus of those forum specific members. But the terms for the specific forum must be made specifically clear to those members requesting to join that specific forum. I know, because I'm still a member on a website forum where I can delete membership for inactivity according to the rules laid out for membership. These types of websites are rather intricate.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I actually contacted Bumper in relation to this a while ago, before I went to boot camp, as I would have no access to the internet for somewhere between 3-6 months, and didn't really want my account canceled because of that.

Bumper said that they don't delete if you go inactive, which I appreciated as sometimes i go months without being on here.

Maybe some people and just lurk forever, learning. The army deploys for over a year as opposed to my 7 month deployments, there are lots of reasons people might be inactive.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe some people and just lurk forever, learning.
Go to the members list section and scroll down. You will see the date when a member has joined, and when they last logged onto DC.com. You will see a lot that have not visited for years.

This was a matter of curiosity only. I was NOT saying inactive members SHOULD be deleted.

·
Super Moderator
18,197 Posts
I think that some take a look around and aren't as interested as they thought they were.

Some may have been members of various liberal boards that may have signed up just to refute various arguments,but they realized that were outgunned, both mentally and literaly so they just gave up.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Being inactive doesn't cause a problem, does it?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
Being inactive doesn't cause a problem, does it?:rolleyes:
Not at all. I leave them mainly because it is a pain to delete them. I do occasionally go in and delete all of those people that for whatever reason never get through the confirmation process, but only because I scan that category fairly often.

Some people do, though, leave for some very long periods of time and still come back....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.