Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am returning home at night and decide to stop at the local 7/11 for a coffee since I was falling asleep. I had never been to this particular one before. It was about 11 o'clock at night and the parking lot of the store was filled with the usual gangstas. So I park my car and walk inside, go straight for the hostess pie and then to the coffee machine. I notice this guy shadowing me so I kept my distance from him as much as I could. As I was filling up the coffee, I heard, "Is that a gun in your belt?" in a strong Arabic accent. I turn around to see a 6' tall really skinny guy standing in front of me with a security badge on. Then he asked me if I was an undercover cop. I said no. I told him I had a CPL to carry a weapon and that he should get one too if he wants to be safe in that neighborhood. Apparently he was an unarmed security guard which is a bad idea to be working the night shift at a 7/11 surrounded by gangs.

I went up to the owner to pay and asked him in his language what an unarmed guard would do if BGs came in with guns. He replied back to me in Punjabi that he hadn't thought of that. He told the guard I was ok and to leave me alone. All this concern when the entire store was full of gangstas who looked way more dangerous than me.

The experience was more funny than uncomfortable.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was concealed under my t shirt, I am assuming it was the printing when I bent down to take the hostess pies.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Does WA have an anti- printing law? If so, you especially need to be much more careful.

Instead of concerning yourself with the store's security or lack thereof, concern yourself with protecting yourself by making sure you don't get made.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Does WA have an anti- printing law? If so, you especially need to be much more careful.

Instead of concerning yourself with the store's security or lack thereof, concern yourself with protecting yourself by making sure you don't get made.
+1 I have to agree with Hopyard on this one, that makes twice, LOL.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
pretend your wearing a kilt when getting pie and squat don't bend

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
My policy is I don't even go in to convenience stores at night, even if I am carrying. During the day, it depends on the location.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Washington is an open carry state, so there is no "Anti Printing" but you do garner a lot of unwanted attention.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Thanks for the story…

You might want to get a holster that rides higher and tighter…

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters
This one does both, and even with a t-shirt my G26 is pretty much invisible.

While I don’t care if someone should notice, for my safety I prefer no one to know.

Look at it this way. If those gangsters had been there to rob the store, and noticed you were carrying, just like the security cop, they would of presumed you where a COP and you would have been the first one shot.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
An unarmed security guard is ...

- an oxymoron
- a target when the SFTF
- useless when the SHTF

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
My policy is I don't even go in to convenience stores at night, even if I am carrying. During the day, it depends on the location.
Good policy.My wife and I also stopped going to the local mall on weekend nights. It looks like a convention for thugs and want-to-be rappers every weekend. All the cursing and screaming you want to hear. Mall security is also un-armed. Guess they could shine their flashlights at the BG's.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
It was concealed under my t shirt, I am assuming it was the printing when I bent down to take the hostess pies.
Now you can see how deadly Hostess Pies are.:rofl:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Good policy.My wife and I also stopped going to the local mall on weekend nights. It looks like a convention for thugs and want-to-be rappers every weekend. All the cursing and screaming you want to hear. Mall security is also un-armed. Guess they could shine their flashlights at the BG's.
Didn't you see Paul Blatt Mall Cop?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey I think I may need a holster that conceals better. I can't keep away from those Hostess pies! arrrggggghhhhhh!!!

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Security guard in a 7-11?? I must be out of touch with the rest of the world. What next, air support for the beer truck? Mini-guns on the Frito-Lay truck?

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
pretend your wearing a kilt when getting pie and squat don't bend
That could scare the customers even worse than a 'gun print'...:rofl:

To the OP...better concealment solves that problem...your call!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pseudo open carry, perhaps. There's nothing codified that directly relates to open carry. ...Just to be clear about it.
Counsel for several large jurisdictions in the state would differ in opinion:

"Washington is an “open carry” state for firearms. This means there is a presumption that carrying a handgun in
an exposed holster, for instance, is legal except where it is specifically prohibited. Open carry does not require
a license." -- King Couty Sheriff's Office Training Bulletin, 11-07-06

"Washington is an "open carry" state for firearms. This means a
person may carry a firearm in an exposed holster unless there is
something that makes it specifically illegal. For example, carrying a
weapon onto school grounds or other prohibited places or carrying a
weapon by most convicted felons or anyone convicted of a domestic
violence crime. " -- Bellevue PD Training Bulletin, 01-09-07

"Pseudo" implies false. Perhaps a better word is anomolous, which implies unspecified in law.

Nothing in Washington statute makes open carry illegal, therefore it is legal. But, the question here is whether the OP needs to do a better job of concealing, and the answer is if he doesn't want others to know he's carrying. Since it is not illegal to print or open carry, and since he obviously has a CPL, in Washington he has many options of how well he conceals or if he does at all.

CP Lincoln

·
Registered
709 Posts
I want to know why you didn't tell us about the Hostess Pies in the original post. They turned out to be an important part of the story!:smile:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts