Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Object of discussion: Shield 45, owned for 8 months, approx 1500 rounds down range.

Enough rounds for trigger to be fully broken in and now is very smooth. However about every 5th or 6th pull the trigger seems to have
a much lighter pull force than the factory standard.....almost seems like a hair trigger for one pull and then seems to go back to normal pull factor for the next set of 5 to 6 rounds fired.

I have never encountered this in other firearms and this is either my imagination or this trigger is changing the force needed to fire it.....

Any thoughts from any well experienced gunsmith or armor people on this forum.....

Thanks.......

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is range firing and I probably ride the reset.
Ok that is typical to do. My Shield .45 does not do what you are suggesting is happening to yours. It would seem since you are experienced that would you would know the difference
I would first go into the striker channel and clean that out completely as well as clean the striker and spring. It's best to leave those bone dry. See if there is anything in there that doesnt seem normal.

·
Premium Member
36,787 Posts
Time to get S&W on the phone. I'm not an S&W armorer, but I know what I would look at on a Glock.

·
Administrator
144,136 Posts
If it is a daily carry firearm then (for sure) have any atypical or unusual trigger anomalies checked out.
It may be indicative of a future more critical issue that will sometimes occur at a really inopportune time.

You're doing the right thing by recognizing a possible problem and attempting to get to the bottom of it. :yup:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I just got a Shield .45 and it doesn't do what is happening to yours, I only have 200+ rounds thru it though, but mine has a very nice consistent trigger pull, very nice for a striker fired gun, call S&W and see what they think, maybe they want it back to check it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts