Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 1 or so am this morning I had an official encounter W/ a cop at work we found a parked car on our site that had tags that were 1&1/2 years out of date. There happend to be a cop just off site so I walked up to his car told him about the car we found. He found out the car belongs to a big corparation that parks most of their fleeet just sout of my site and he thought maybe some one parked the car on my site by mistake and forgot it was there.

I never mentioned my CHP or the fact that I was armed. My gun never once jumped out of its holter and commenced to firing. I never got face planted and the cop never asked me if I was a Sheep DAWGGGG :icon_cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Never gave him a reason to ask....very good

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
If the law provides 'don't ask - don't tell' then there was no need, and no danger.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the law provides 'don't ask - don't tell' then there was no need, and no danger.
I agree, the vast majority of the time the fact that I am armed is irrelevant to my interactions W/ the police. However there are quite a few people here that feel that they must inform any cop W/ in a 20mile radius that they are armed because it somehow enhances "officer safety"

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's the law in NC

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think there is a little bit of a difference between being pulled over during a traffic stop (that gets discussed more than just about anything on DC as far as police contact goes) and flagging an officer down over a parking problem. Traffic stops are amongst the most dangerous things police officers do, parking problems? not so much. If your state laws dont require you to inform, then good to go - sounds like a pretty typical encounter. If your state laws to require you to inform (they do here) then make sure that you do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts