1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,019 Posts
That's some shootin' right there!

·
Super Moderator
19,019 Posts
Is humbling. I have a few 1/2-inch 5-shot groups fired at 100 yards from a heavy barrel .220 Swift and one that may be completely covered by the mouth of a .38 Special case. Wagner beat that at six times the distance!!!

Reactions: G-man* and OD*

·
8,501 Posts
Wow. I thought I was good..... guess I need to get back to work.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Is humbling. I have a few 1/2-inch 5-shot groups fired at 100 yards from a heavy barrel .220 Swift and one that may be completely covered by the mouth of a .38 Special case. Wagner beat that at six times the distance!!!
I've got a number of decent 1/2-inch groupings at 100yds, too, as well as several 200yd 1in groupings. But I can't imagine what it'd take for me to do a 0.35" grouping at 600yds.

AccurateShooter (6mmBR) is a humbling site, to be sure. Lots of great info there, about all the various cartridges, rifles, loading formulas, techniques and stories about what it takes to shoot well. I'm rarely so silent as when I'm perusing just one little bit of all the stuff that's over there.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
That's some mind boggling shooting! Even building a rifle capable of that kind of accuracy is amazing.

·
Registered
20,918 Posts
My personal best was with a Ruger 77 "sporter" with a regular barrel and meticulously put together hand loads using a Sierra 55 BTHP Match in 223. I was able to get 3/8 of an inch for a 5 shot group at a 100 yards.

However, that took me weeks of trial and error with my hand loads. I must have tried a hundred combinations with bullets, powders, weights, primers, and seating depths.

It was a lot of fun. But this guy Wagner is in a different class altogether.

·
Registered
43,585 Posts
Even on a perfect day with perfect shooting conditions, that's amazing. I'm a happy camper with under 1" with my Rem 700 and 788 at 100 yards.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I don't think I could top that at 10 feet.

I'm happy with a 3 shot group at 100 yds that I can cover with a 3x3 post it note

·
Registered
941 Posts
Poor guy - had a flyer at 11 O'Clock.

But seriously, holy sub .06 MOA shooting, Batman! It seems unbelievable to me that even a variance in the way water vapor hits the bullet on that path wouldn't throw it off more.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Why are you all surprised? This is clearly just Chuck Norris in disguise.

·
Super Moderator
19,019 Posts
Mr. Wagner just wasn't given a complete nervous system or something. Groups like that at that distance are just super-human!

I'd love to sit down with the gentleman and pick his brain over his bench rest techniques.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
922 Posts
Lol, that looks like one of my better 5 shot 100 yrd groups out of an '06 M-700 thats scarey accurate.

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
My personal best was hitting four consecutive beer bottles sitting on an old washing machine at 77 yards - with open sights on a 4" Ruger MkII. :yup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts