Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm constantly asked by my students, many of whom are on a fixed income, if they can purchase a handgun that will still allow them to pay the rent.
Here are some, I'm certain others will have more sugestions.
Bersa's
Several Taurus's
CZ's
EAA has several.
Ruger, especially revolvers.
Charter Arms snubbies.
Used S&W revolvers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
there is a website similar to craigslist but they allow the selling or trading of firearms. I live in Cincinnati and it's pretty big here so I am not sure if smaller cities know about the website as it's not as popular as craigslist but the site is

Los Angeles Co., California: Barter Online at - SwapGiant

goto the sporting goods section, then to firearms and ammo and you can find cheap used and some never shot firearms on there

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dont know why the link says Los Angelous Co. but you can choose any city and state to search in, that must be where the company is located.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Used pre lock S&W revolvers
Makarovs
Used Ruger revolvers
CZ's
American made Springers/1911 style
Used Glocks (hate em as I like steel but they do run)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Used S&W model 10 4" .38 special

Literally THOUSANDS out there for sale cheap.
$350 will likely get you one that's barely been used.

The ubiquitous Glock 17 , 19 9mm - used.
Very few get worn out from shooting - again under $400

:wave:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Don't forget Bersa!!!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
S&W SIGMA 9mm/RUGER P95 Both good guns for the $$ & Lifetime garantee

·
Registered
275 Posts
In 2001, I bought my 1991-vintage, 3" barreled, stainless steel, Charter Arms "Bulldog" for $175.00 (+transfer fees.)

There are some good values to be had, if you know where to look.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I like my newer production Rossi revolver, it's been reliable and accurate. I think Bersa's are one of the best deals on new pistols. S&W Sigma isn't a bad pistol, just needs some trigger work.

I think that the supply of them dried up, but I have a Sig P6 that I got for about $250, and it is a whole lot of pistol for the money.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm constantly asked by my students, many of whom are on a fixed income, if they can purchase a handgun that will still allow them to pay the rent.
Here are some, I'm certain others will have more sugestions.
Bersa's
Several Taurus's
CZ's
EAA has several.
Ruger, especially revolvers.
Charter Arms snubbies.
Used S&W revolvers.

CZ!!!! Maybe a year ago they were inexpensive....now days they run around $600! Not cheap!

·
Registered
916 Posts
If your budget is limited by all means look at used firearms. You don't have to buy new. Just make sure to have a third party check it out for you if you are sure of the condition yourself. And don't forget to do some research on what the best used firearms may be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never owned or even handled one and you'll find plenty of mixed reviews, but I think the Sigma is probably these days a fine budget handgun. Right now, at least as of a few days ago, you could get one from Bud's gunshop for ~$300 delivered, and then a $50 mail in rebate from S&W or 2 free mags. That's $250 + transfer for a new big name polymer handgun...not bad.

·
Registered
208 Posts
There are plenty of new and used guns, that are under $350 range. Some are the CZ 82. FEG PA 63, and P 64 all are under $250. The Beretta 96 trade ins run about $350, Bersa, Taurus, and others , you just got to look around for deals.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'd be inclined to find a superior firearm with some cosmetic flaws... I'm sure there's a Sig out there that has been scuffed and abused, and would welcome a loving adoptive home...

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just bought an EAA .357 mag for under $300.
I've heard that Hi-Point guns are reliable. Ugly as hell and look like they're made out of left-over cordless drill parts and a '78 Buick, but well within reach for a starving college kid.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts