Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can across this inthe newspaper and thought I would pass it along.
If in wrong spot Mods please relocate.

This stamp is meant to block out personal info before throwing out papers in the trash or shredding them.

idblockerstamp.com

·
Registered
473 Posts
That's actually a cool concept, but i dont think it would take much "CSI" work to figure out the real address. I just use a paper shredder for anything remotely sensitive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's actually a cool concept, but i dont think it would take much "CSI" work to figure out the real address. I just use a paper shredder for anything remotely sensitive.
Agree, great if you were someone who needed that capability while traveling or such, but for standard home / office, a cross cut shredder is just as easy and IMO more secure.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I have an expensive shredder and anything with a name or numbers on it goes through it.
If anyone can piece those papers together, they deserve a prize.:bier:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Shred everything. Address isn't listed in phone book. Use caller ID and voice mail to screen incoming calls.

All of that is little protection, because the info is everywhere from your doc to the banks, and lots of it is insecure, but it feels good.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
For anyone thinking of buying a shredder, may I suggest: Get a cross cut shredder. Mine is a straight shredder and it fills up way to fast because the long thin strips make a fluffy pile in the basket. Cross cut shredders make tiny pieces that compact much better. Who knew?

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
No shredder here, I use a burn barrel (I like contributing to global warming.......:wave:)

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
No shredder here, I use a burn barrel (I like contributing to global warming.......:wave:)
So it's YOUR bills that are melting the glaciers?:22a:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a fireplace insert and I use my waste paper to start my fires in there.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I have a cross cut shredder... the paperwork piles up waiting to get shredded though.

A lot of banks and credit unions let you bring in paperwork and put in their shredder bin.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Maybe Congress should pass a law against sending us bills?
If we could only get congress to READ bills before voting on them we would be getting somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts