Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being Im new on the forum, I got a few questions
whats everyone favorite handgun
Glock or Sig or ??
I do know alot depends on what u do with it

·
Super Moderator
24,998 Posts
I have too many favorites. Right now one is my Colt XSE in stainless and 45 ACP in a Brommeland Def-Con with a Beltman belt and one spare mag.

You'll get a lot of answers. :yup:

Welcome!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
That's a "loaded" question around here! Current fav is SW 642. Partial to revolvers right now.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
I started at age 61 shot a few handguns with an experienced friend (Nov 2011). I fell in love with his Ruger SR40C . In December 2011 I bought one at a gun show(Yes I went through the FFL Background Check). Took a basic handgun class and a few weeks later took the CHL Class (Now called TLC in Texas). I got my former anti wife interested in shooting. She liked the small cute Ruger LCP but she found it hard to shoot. She took some training and fell in love with the trainers Glock G26. So it made sense to have a 9mm format that was compatible with my wife. She got the G26 gen 3 and i got the G19 gen 4. I learned (Professional Training) to shoot the G19 well. after carrying that for 8 months, wife bought me a G17 gen 4 for my 65th birthday and for almost 2 years I've carried that.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Smith & Wesson, is there anything else?

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Bersa Thunder 380 with 9rd DLX mags.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

I like S&W.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Between the two you mentioned, I much prefer Glock over Sig. Sig Sauer makes fine pistols but for me, their bore axis is too high. I prefer Glock's lower bore axis and their utter simplicity. One you didn't mention that is also one of my preferences is the Smith and Wesson M&P series of pistols.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Welcome from LA (Lower Alabama)! Glock vs Sig preference is no different than Ford vs Chevy. Vanilla vs chocolate.......

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm a bit of a Ruger fanboy.

That said, I EDC a .40 Shield because Ruger doesn't make a single stack .40.

Also, welcome!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Welcome from Utah. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. It's really what pistols suit YOU best.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to go with my Ruger's. Nothing wrong with my Sig's but no where near my Rugers. Have never owned a Glock though rented a compact Glock .45 acp once and it shot well.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Welcome. those are not the only two really great pistols. I happen to be a Glock girl, but I truly enjoy shooting my Bersa BPcc which is really junky compared to a Glock but it shoots really smooth with very little recoil and is not one bit picky about ammo. Glocks can be picky. I also love a couple of my S&W revolvers. Hubby has Glocks and a SIG P320 that he really likes. I hate it. I've shot several guns by Ruger and S&W that belonged to friends who loved them and did not like them at all.

Find what fits your hands, what points naturally for you and what is comfortable to shoot...that you can afford to buy and include the cost of holster(s), an excellent very sturdy gun belt and lots and lots and lots of ammo. For starters.

Reactions: drift
1 - 20 of 24 Posts