Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
]ONFIG]237058[/ATTACH]Not sure this is the right place for this,but anyway....I installed one of those rubber coated gun magnets in my car and love it,i wish I had done it a lot sooner.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
There is so much plastic on cars and trucks today, it seems like it would be difficult to find enough metal for the magnet to grasp.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I went full bore and mounted a left side mount, right hand draw kydex holster on a quick release mount so I can swap holsters as necessary. It works great on the center console and is easy reach when driving and much safer than a magnet since it is holstered.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Put it on the roof and drive slowly through town. Who knows what interesting firearms you would pick up.

I used to have a chick magnet in my car but, after a while it got old and doesn't work so well anymore.

OK, one more beer and then off to bed.:blink:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you keep a gun there all the time, or do you unholster and reholster when entering/exiting the vehicle?
I only keep it there when I'm in the car,then put back in my pocket when I get out.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is so much plastic on cars and trucks today, it seems like it would be difficult to find enough metal for the magnet to grasp.
It has two mounting holes for screws,I mounted it on my plastic door and it is very secure.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I probably could if I knew how.
For some reason pics don't show up to many of us if posted using "Post Quick Reply" feature. Click on the "Go Advanced" button/ "Insert Image" and post in there and we can see it. Don't know when that feature will be fixed.

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's a great mount for a southpaw, I've seen them under the steering column too, but I typically don't unholster when in a vehicle.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a great mount for a southpaw, I've seen them under the steering column too, but I typically don't unholster when in a vehicle.
I really wanted to put it under the steering wheel where it would be the most accessible but then you can see it if someone walks up to car with the windows down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts