Defensive Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered the orange front sight with the blacked out rear sights, for day time and of course for the night, one front tritium dot and one tritium dot on the rear.. just line them up and shoot. I have shot it twice.. nice sight acquisition.. I would recommend.. it is easier for me to pick up two dots than 3.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Agree 100%-great sights! I'm surprised more people aren't into them. I have them on all three of my Shields, my full size and compact M&P's. I really want them to come out with ones that will fit my P320, and now that gun has gotten so popular I bet they will soon. They are awesome for fast sight acquisition at close range. Longer range maybe not quite as good, but I only practice at self defense distances . . .

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
When you get a chance post a picture of the Sights and sight picture? I really like the Dot the I ( I have XS Big Dots on mine)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you get a chance post a picture of the Sights and sight picture? I really like the Dot the I ( I have XS Big Dots on mine)
The different is that the I-dot front sight is no bigger then the stock sight, so you don't have the issue at longer distances that you so with the XS big dot. Fast sight acquisition is achieved with the bright fluorescent colored ring in front.. I wil try to get a picture loaded

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Registered
149 Posts
So I ordered the orange front sight with the blacked out rear sights, for day time and of course for the night, one front tritium dot and one tritium dot on the rear.. just line them up and shoot. I have shot it twice.. nice sight acquisition.. I would recommend.. it is easier for me to pick up two dots than 3.
You made an excellent choice!

I have a set of Ameriglo SW-601's i-Dot's on my M&P40 Hybrid and a set of SW-345's i-Dot's on my Shield 40. I really like them, and will be buying another set of SW-601's for my newly acquired M&P40 M2.0 in the very near future.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Good choice, I like Ameriglo...had them on a S&W or two.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I got the Ameriglo CAPS for mine. Same principle but slightly cheaper as only the front sight has tritium. Both front and back have Hi-vis day glow/glow in the dark paint. Very fast acquisition. I wish Ameriglo made sights for the CZ RAMI.

Technology Electronic device Tool

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Just picked mine up this morning. The I-Dot, SW-345, LumiLime Outline. Great sight picture, easy acquisition and easy on older eyes! Really pondered between the Meprolight and the Ameriglo and it was the I-Dot, and some good advise from NCW Ray that drew me there and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the Ameriglo CAPS for mine. Same principle but slightly cheaper as only the front sight has tritium. Both front and back have Hi-vis day glow/glow in the dark paint. Very fast acquisition. I wish Ameriglo made sights for the CZ RAMI.

View attachment 173218
I Was looking that those as well. I. Like that they had the dash in the back to distinguish

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

View attachment 173218
I know I was debating whether to get the CAP or the idot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

View attachment 173218
Oh by the way I'm upset that you have Rami and I don't. But I'm still somehow wrestling being friends with you. Lol.

Reactions: Rainsong

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I've utilized the 10-8 sights. Front night sight and plain U-Notch rear on my examples of the S&W MP9 and MP9c and for the purpose of continuity that's what's going to be installed on the recently acquired Shield 9mm. Nothing wrong with what other individuals have selected but we each need to meet our own individual requirements.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Oh by the way I'm upset that you have Rami and I don't. But I'm still somehow wrestling being friends with you. Lol.

Too bad Ameriglo doesn't make sights for the RAMI yet. I would rather have stock than Meprolites.

Reactions: stealthygun
1 - 15 of 15 Posts