Defensive Carry banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Well I've never heard of the police department executing anybody for insubordination but in the Army if you're ordered to charge into battle and you run the other way you will be shot by your own troops. Desertion from the front line can mean the firing squad.
While there is potentially some old law on the books that has this as the punishment for desertion, I highly doubt you can make this statement with such certainty.
You believe that if a soldier turns the other way, he will catch friendly fire? I hope you’re being facetious.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Civilians (including LE) can follow an order, quit, or suffer job repercussions any time they are given a legal order.

If a LEO refuses to follow a legal order that their leadership thinks is important enough then that officer is essentially quitting (although it will go down as a for-cause firing).

The military can't just quit.

Trevor

·
Premium Member
7,768 Posts
Well if it is an illegal order, it is my understanding that you are under no obligation to obey it. Virtually all oaths of service are to the U.S. Constitution and in the case of police also to their state's constitution.

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

This past Saturday was medication turn in day at a local medical facility. When we arrived , there were several county police and a few state police present. I took the opportunity to ask a county officer what his department would do should they receive an edict or executive order directing them to begin the process of confiscating certain firearms. He told me that this had been discussed at a very recent meeting where he was present and he assured me that the Chief of Police had no intention of going door to door to round up private citizens' arms. He also said that the chief was very much in favor of citizens being armed. Hope he's right about this.
I NOTICE THAT THE OFFICER DID NOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!!!! He just gave you platitudes about the current chief of police's "intentions." That is frightening.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So anyway, if I was a soldier or a police officer and I was given an order that went against the Constitution of the United States I would disobey.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts