Defensive Carry banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Buying insurance to save me from the bad guy or the bad guy's family from suing me for a clean shooting?? Ha ha ha...not in this lifetime! I'm 70 years old and they best not piss me off.
From my perspective (at a pretty healthy 83, right now), I suggest that your attitude might be a touch unrealistic.

It's possible that you will live at least a further 20 years (and maybe 30). But defending a civil suit following even the most righteous shooting will end up with you living those 20 or 30 years in a cardboard box on the street, needing "public assistance" to buy your bottles of Thunderbird.

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had NRA Carry Guard for a few years. A while back I got an email from their broker Lockton saying that my policy wouldn’t be renewed.. a
Apparently Chubb the underwriter was not renewing any NRA policies. After checking my options I went with US Law Shield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
POST SHOOTING LEGAL DEFENSE

If you’re interested in how best to handle the aftermath of a defensive shooting experience, I heartily recommend you investigate the AMERICAN CITIZEN’S LEGAL DEFENSE NETWORK (ACLDN).

I’ve been a member of ACLDN for the last 6-7 years.

The ACLDN is a membership organization started by gun owners who banded together to start it.

Take a look at:
armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn

and:
armedcitizensnetwork.org/defensefund/advisory-board

The annual dues are very reasonable and the benefits are very beneficial.

I heartily recommend ACLDN.

Mas Ayoob is on their advisory board.

·
Registered
18 Posts
CCWSafe Ultimate plan plus their civil liability add on. Kind of thing you don't think you need until you do. My opinion is that anyone that legally CCWs needs this or something like it. I decided on CCWSafe after reviewing the other plans mentioned in this thread. My plan covers my wife and also my teenage son (but in the house only for him). It's expensive but I have been in a self-defense situation and now use it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Eatfire,

I got less posts than you. I haven't been on here in about 8 months. Kudos for you to ask a question even if you get a few tomatoes thrown at you for not "doing your research". I've done the same on forums also. I was trolling and just caught your topic about insurance and learned a few things myself.

Thank you, and to all that responded with recommendations.

·
Registered
167 Posts
none, not paying another insurance company
Just food for thought. Take a look at the current shooting in Atlanta.....a policeman shot a man and has been involved in a huge legal controversy. The local DA has charged him with felony murder. I suspect that his union will cover him, but he does face the death penalty if he goes to trial and if the jury decides against him. The family is incensed because their young man is dead and will almost certainly sue the officer civilly no matter the outcome of his trial since he has been fired from the police force. The video is on the net. His firing may/may not also put a crimp in his union coverage. Does this sound inexpensive so far? Now, I suspect that you are not a police officer, but a lowly civilian like me who believes in protecting oneself and family. Do you have a couple million dollars that no one knows about?....you can be sued all the way to the depth of your soul by a vigorous attorney for the plaintiff. After reading the news and following the events around the country I have little faith in the run of the mill legal profession, the DA who is interested in keeping his job and the local man on the street who will be on the jury you or I will face if you have to go all the way to protect yourself. I assume you know all the rules, like don't shoot the perp if he is running away from you, but this will not protect you from a wrongful death suit.....even if the perp is in your house at night. I would urge you to reevaluate your position on this. Take a look at the various plans...not all are insurance plans if you dislike insurance. Oh and by the way....do you have a fire extinguisher?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I subscribe to CCWSafe ultimate plan with the civil liability addon coverage. I am very happy with CCWSafe and the educational services they provide. If a person CCWs then getting adequate insurance coverage is important.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Just food for thought. Take a look at the current shooting in Atlanta.....a policeman shot a man and has been involved in a huge legal controversy. The local DA has charged him with felony murder. I suspect that his union will cover him, but he does face the death penalty if he goes to trial and if the jury decides against him. The family is incensed because their young man is dead and will almost certainly sue the officer civilly no matter the outcome of his trial since he has been fired from the police force. The video is on the net. His firing may/may not also put a crimp in his union coverage. Does this sound inexpensive so far? Now, I suspect that you are not a police officer, but a lowly civilian like me who believes in protecting oneself and family. Do you have a couple million dollars that no one knows about?....you can be sued all the way to the depth of your soul by a vigorous attorney for the plaintiff. After reading the news and following the events around the country I have little faith in the run of the mill legal profession, the DA who is interested in keeping his job and the local man on the street who will be on the jury you or I will face if you have to go all the way to protect yourself. I assume you know all the rules, like don't shoot the perp if he is running away from you, but this will not protect you from a wrongful death suit.....even if the perp is in your house at night. I would urge you to reevaluate your position on this. Take a look at the various plans...not all are insurance plans if you dislike insurance. Oh and by the way....do you have a fire extinguisher?
Advise all you want, I will do as I please

21 - 31 of 31 Posts