Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies & gents! I am coming to this forum from Minnesotah. This is what I know about handguns: they typically make noise when you squeeze the trigger. I have questions about gun laws in Minnesota, and handguns in general. Looking forward to getting Learned :vs_wave:

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Howdy from TEXAS, where the west begins. Welcome to the forum.
Glad you could join us. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! You're in the right place to get your questions answered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much. I don't want to make a mistake, which forum can I post general questions about Minnesota gun laws?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I usually try to limit my greetings to those from WI but welcome neighbor! As already mentioned, you are at the right forum.

I've qualified for a Minnesota carry permit but have yet to apply for it (I never visit Minnesota, just drive through it for hunting trips). I'd recommend giving handgunlaw.us a read to get an idea about your state's handgun and carry laws. Any questions you have from there most likely can be addressed. Here is a link: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/minnesota.pdf

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thank you very much. I don't want to make a mistake, which forum can I post general questions about Minnesota gun laws?
Very general firearm laws, most likely related to hunting and target long guns, the General Firearm Discussion forum would probably be the place. If it has to do with concealed carry law, then the Concealed Carry Discussions and open carry law at the Open Carry Discussions forum. If for whatever reason an admin doesn't believe it belongs there, they will move it. But you really gotta be off topic for that.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
A warm Texas Welcome to ya. Enjoy your time at D.C..com. You are among good people here. :image035:

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Welcome from the coastal plains of Texas.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Another WI gun owner/carrier welcomes you!

Ron beat me to it with the suggestion that Handgunlaw.us is the site to go to. If you're really interested why not sign up for a concealed carry class? If those classes are anything like Wisconsin's, gun laws will be taught. To what degree I can't tell as I wasn't required to take one because I'm a Military Veteran. While you're at it get your permit to carry.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Welcome from N Tx.
Your state's gun laws should be posted on the State web site
and yes, by design, most guns in good working condition, if loaded with live ammunition, go bang when you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Welcome from SW MN

1 - 20 of 22 Posts