Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pistol that you don't see often, especially in the excellent condition its in. I just secured the purchase of this Vektor SP1 9mm pistol from South Africa. It is based on the Beretta model 92 design and can use some of the Beretta 92 parts as well as the Beretta 92 magazines. I have a large collection of various Beretta 92 pistols from over the years that have been released and I generally only buy Beretta but when I found out about the Vektor SP1 a while back and read the great reviews about it along with its unique looking style, I had to get one. It has taken quite a while to find a very nice Vektor SP1 available for sale but I can now say that I finally have one.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
A fine pistol.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
If it was the recent batch that came in check the heck out of it ..The most recent batch of Vectors that came in had very mess up locking blocks and were not safe .

They are neat guns though .Vector has made some very good pistol but had a lot of issues with QC ...S african and former Rhodesian arms are very neat thing to collect ..Forgton weapons has done a lot of videos on them .

Its a shame they are not more well know they had some great lines that with better PR and QC would have done great

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was the recent batch that came in check the heck out of it ..The most recent batch of Vectors that came in had very mess up locking blocks and were not safe .
Yes, I saw those when they first came in. They were too heavily worn out for me so I did not buy one. This one that I have is in excellent condition but understandably did cost significantly more. The locking block needs to be directly inspected on any Beretta 92 as they typically last for about 25,000 rounds unless its an earlier generation locking block then it needs to be checked out at about half of what the newer ones last for.

The Vector SP1 had a much better development cycle and production than other South African firearms so they have a pretty good reputation from what I have heard.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
That is really a sharp, clean design, and in great condition. Congratulations, m5215, you added a real gem to your collection.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Sweet! Like that gun, just said to CWO the same thing Kilted C boy said, very nice lines on that gun would love to have one like it. Very nice 👍🏻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts