1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just never understood the pistol platform in the AR...If I wanted a rifle caliber pistol I would have bought the FN5-7...or just a high capacity glock 357 sig...lol

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Looks like an innovative solution to a problem nobody has. I'm amazed the ATF approved this, and I'd expect them to reconsider at some point.

I'd be very curious about how it attaches to the tube. If there is the M4 style lug under the tube (I.e. a regular adjustable stock would fit it), there is no way in heck I would buy one. Soundalike a "constructive possession" beef waiting to happen.

·
8,501 Posts
I think it would be a decent buy at about $20. The $130 price tag is a joke.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
"Coming to a store near you! The AR15 Wrist Rocket!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but;

A 10.5" AR pistol fired at full arm extension is'nt going to be any shorter than a pinned 14.5"barrel/flash hider on a fully collapsed butt stock...Right? A little lighter but not any shorter.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Interesting, I would not buy one but I could see it being used by people who have lost use of one of their arms.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I think I might like it...

The whole idea of 10.5" AR is that it's short and handy (and quiet with a can). For ECQC I think it has a lot of merit. I would think it would be great from a weapons retention standpoint; Shooting while going up ladder; Shooting BG's behind you while moving forward (unassing the area); Shooting while running; Shooting one handed if your off hand is hurt; Shooting one handed while you carry a small child or dragging a loved one to cover, etc., etc.

But I'd have to T&E one to really find out...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but;

A 10.5" AR pistol fired at full arm extension is'nt going to be any shorter than a pinned 14.5"barrel/flash hider on a fully collapsed butt stock...Right? A little lighter but not any shorter.
At full extension, yes. But I'm thinking for point shooting from retention it may be the shiznit. The only downside I see is that it won't allow you to break the wrist. But then, if it weren't strapped down you probably could bring it up to eye level use both hands.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Though for about the same price you could buy an SBR stamp.

SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace
I'm gonna wade in here looking to avoid a 5 point penalty. If that doodad is fit to a pistol exactly as shown would it be illegal to fire that pistol from the shoulder?
I'm looking to any and all Class III FFL holders for the answer here. [MODS-I tried to word my post to stay on the up and up]

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I can see somebody with a laser sight,or red dot mounted on the quad rail using this as a buttstock

·
Registered
209 Posts
An answer to a question nobody asked. Good work. I guess you carry that in an IWB holster? :danceban:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts