Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this quote, but what really suprised me was the Author.

~Andy

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."

Mahatma Gandhi, from his autobiography .

·
Administrator
143,464 Posts
Great APachon

AND....Don't forget that the British also deprived themselves of arms...but when they honestly believed that they were going to get invaded during War 2 - they BEGGED all private American citizens to send them guns.
They wanted anything that fired bullets in order to be able to defend themselves.
We shipped over (as donations) - shotguns, rifles, handguns, ammo & NOW (of course) since WW II has been over for quite some time...They Pretty Much Hate Guns.....all over again again! I'm Confused. :confused:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Good quote.

On the British angle, not only do they hate guns all those gun we donated to them have been cut up or otherwise destroyed.

-Scott-

·
Registered
868 Posts
APachon said:
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."

Mahatma Gandhi, from his autobiography .
When we look at "the Act depriving a whole nation of arms" and see the mess the British have made of their arms for their own citizens Mahatma Gandhi was ahead of his time.
I believe the NRA did gun drives so the British would have arms for home defense during WWII.

·
Administrator
143,464 Posts
Brits Cut Up Many Our Vintage Firearms

FortyFive Yep You're 100% Correct.
I wonder how many old Colt Single Action Army pistols & nice old Gubbermint Models were donated to the British & then cut up with the welding torch.
Yes, the NRA did a "Drive Effort"
I did see one other original ad & it was a real BEGGING type ad.
Those poor blokes needed some guns BADLY!

Well, at least the old red coats are standing by us now in Iraq.
It's just too bad that I'm probably going to hafta spend most of the remainder of my life looking at the dreaded face of Princess Camilla.
I guess after 4 or 5 stiff ones ~ she won't look so bad. :a37:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I think it would be 5-10 stiff ones b4 she even looks sort of good :a35: Im surprised the Brits even have guns for there military would figure they had equpied them with pop guns

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Classic evidence that those that forget History are doomed to repeat it.

Ive often wondered at the stupidity of the Brits. They have the some of the worst history of private ownership of weapons in any "civilized " country and it started long before guns were even though of. Pikes,swords,bows,even armour was restricted to the nobility. What better way is there to control the unwashed masses ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts