Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nine of us met for our monthly luncheon with some internet friends today. We have been doing this each month for several years with a core group of about 6 or 7 Mature individuals from about 50 to 75 years old. We had a couple of visitors from the Florida Keys today. One of the guys mentioned that he tried to get a Florida Concealed Weapons License and was denied because of a fingerprint issue. He is, of course resubmitting. The conversation then turned to guns...

Well, it turned out that 7 of the 9 people present were carrying (3 women and 4 men). That's a rather high percentage in my opinion. Yes, this is Florida...muggers molest old folks at their own risk.

No, my wife and I didn't share that we were carrying...I really didn't think that was relevant.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
Good for them! I wonder if the 2 who weren't carrying felt sheepish...

Reactions: DamselInDefense

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Probably not. Because they know if anything happens, they can call 911 and everything will be all right.

Reactions: 65108 and StevePVB

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
As long as it took for me to get a Florida CC license I thought everyone over the age of 4 in Florida was carrying........:rofl:

But really that is great to hear.....should be 9 out of 9....one day it probably will be.....

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
As long as it took for me to get a Florida CC license I thought everyone over the age of 4 in Florida was carrying........:rofl:

But really that is great to hear.....should be 9 out of 9....one day it probably will be.....
If I read the Ops post correctly it was 9 out of 9.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I hope it wasn't 9 of 9. One guy said he was turned down for a permit, so that's at least one without. And the OP said 7 of 9.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Well, they ARE your friends so that tells me they're similarly, if not out-right, like-minded like you. Sounds like you've got some pretty good lunchmates.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
So, in a situation like that, who gets to sit so their back is not to the door. I am THAT guy, but since we are almost all armed and like-minded, well ....

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Yeah I am here in SW Fl living in a retirement community an almost everyone I know here carrys its nice we all let each other know when we find ammo. Reallynice because I can try just about any gun, somebody here will have one of what ever you want to try. Rangectrips are a group outing no knitting clubs just throwing lead down range

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Were the 2 who weren't carrying originally from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut?

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Most of my friends are retired and have like interests, fishing, guns, all carry with the exception of one, monthly breakfast get together, and all dislike Obama.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
A Friend of mine who is slightly older than I (With no thoughts of retiring, he is self employed) Showed me his Sig 224. He bought it used (Fmr LEO gun, and had the trigger worked by a Sig certified gunsmith). It is one fine Carry weapon.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I included ourselves, even though we didn't contribute to the discussion. The other 2 didn't contribute either...they may have been carrying. :smile:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Nine of us met for our monthly luncheon with some internet friends today. We have been doing this each month for several years with a core group of about 6 or 7 Mature individuals from about 50 to 75 years old. We had a couple of visitors from the Florida Keys today. One of the guys mentioned that he tried to get a Florida Concealed Weapons License and was denied because of a fingerprint issue. He is, of course resubmitting. The conversation then turned to guns...

Well, it turned out that 7 of the 9 people present were carrying (3 women and 4 men). That's a rather high percentage in my opinion. Yes, this is Florida...muggers molest old folks at their own risk.

No, my wife and I didn't share that we were carrying...I really didn't think that was relevant.
Similar thing happened when I was in Arkansas... where I've gone a lot during my entire life. About 15-16 folks... and somehow the conversation got to conceal carry permits..... and who had one and who was carrying. Everyone had a gun on them. So, you know where the conversation went from there...... what gun are you carrying ? Have you ever shot a. .............................

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
They were the "designated drivers" ... Browning M2's on pintles back at the cars, radio/scanners, ... :rofl:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I included ourselves, even though we didn't contribute to the discussion. The other 2 didn't contribute either...they may have been carrying. :smile:
OK, it sounded like you didn't tell the others you were carrying, my mistake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts