Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened locally:
Sorry I don't know any further details, but interesting read none the less.....

From the desk of NewsCenter5
Motorcycle Accident
30 June 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A MOTORCYCLE CHASE IN WASHINGTON COUNTY TENNESSEE LAST NIGHT ENDED WITH THE RIDER SHOOTING HIMSELF.
THE INCIDENT STARTED SHORTLY BEFORE MIDNIGHT IN JONESBOROUGH. POLICE ATTEMPTED TO PULL OVER A MOTORCYCLE FOR SPEEDING...
26 YEAR OLD KEITH GOODMAN, OF BRISTOL TENNESSEE WAS DRIVING THE CYCLE...AND AUTHORITIES SAY HE REFUSED TO PULL OVER...
THE CYCLE SPED AWAY ON BOONE`S CREEK ROAD. THE OFFICERS FOLLOWED IN THE DIRECTION....THEY SAY THEY THEN SAW THE MOTORCYCLE WRECK.... GOODMAN WAS FOUND CROUCHING IN A NEAR-BY DITCH. AT FIRST HE WOULDN`T COME OUT.... THEN HE APPEARED WITH A RIFLE IN HIS HANDS AND AFTER REFUSING TO DROP IT HE FELL TO HIS KNEES AND SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FACE. THE MOTORCYCLE WAS APPARENTLY STOLEN EARLIER FROM JOHNSON CITY. GOODMAN IS CURRENTLY IN INTENSIVE CARE.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Someone shooting themselves because they got caught with a stolen bike is pretty extreme. I'd say that dude has got some issues.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems that there were some details left out, huh?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard on the racdio initially that he dropped the firearm, it went off and shot him....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
As ever - probably more to this than meets the eye.

Mind you - I should never any more be surprised by what some folks do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts