Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into a pawn shop today (no 30.06 sign), carrying my glock concealed under my shirt. As I'm walking around, one of the clerks asks me if im carrying a gun. Im kinda taken aback but tell her yes I am. She tells me that I have to leave it in the car. I ask her why? She says its for their safety. Now, I don't even want to argue this incredibly flawed logic. So, I just tell her that because its not posted, that I legally can carry in their store. That seemed to appease her and she walked off so I continued to look around. She never asked me to leave. How would yall have handled this?

·
Registered
192 Posts
it was under your shirt, but it evidently wasn't concealed. just out of curiosity, what kind of holster, shirt, carry position?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Are you carrying a gun sir????? NOPE...

They can ask all they want, but you do not have to tell them. IMO you made a mistake by doing so. She could have called the police, and you could of had fun with them....Remember, the store owner and employees set the rules, not you. If she would have asked you to leave you would have had to ..

·
Registered
606 Posts
Have to agree my response would be how bad was it showing that she noticed and if she was asking me to leave, some people are fine with it some arent, if its brought to attention its usually the latter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it was pretty obvious how she knew, no need to ask. My holster that I normally carry at 5:00 was at 3:00, sticking out more. As far as them setting the rules, in tx. a sign has to be posted. If she had asked me to leave, I would have. Thats why I stated "she never asked me to leave".

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Well it was pretty obvious how she knew, no need to ask. My holster that I normally carry at 5:00 was at 3:00, sticking out more. As far as them setting the rules, in tx. a sign has to be posted. If she had asked me to leave, I would have. Thats why I stated "she never asked me to leave".
I never said she asked you to leave.

I was telling you how I would have handled it.

I probably wouldn't have stayed even after the conversation you had. If they don't want my business, I won't give it to them. Plus, I wouldn't want to deal with the police in case she remembered the conversation differently.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Was she hawt? If so "No, I'm just happy to see you."

If not "No but is concealed carry not permitted in this "gun" store?"

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Obviously you weren't concealed well enough.

Obviously they did not want your money.

I like to go with the obvious answers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
By her telling you it had to be left in the car, you received verbal notice. Law states either posted with valid 30.06 sign, or be give notice. If she had pursued it by calling the police, you would be facing criminal trespass charges. Verbal statement of this type qualify as notice.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
How bad where you printing? Never in my life has anyone ever commented about nor asked me if I was carrying a gun. Maybe it's because I live in SD where guns are everywhere. For the most part I think I conceal pretty well but I do remember one occasion 25 years ago where I was carrying SOB and bent over, completely flashing my gun to all the patrons of a drive in where my wife and I were eating. I only knew because she later told me that a few people were staring when I inadvertently flashed my Hi-Power!

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
You: "Nope, I am not carrying a gun."

Her: "Then what is that under your shirt?"

You: "My cell phone."

Her: "Let's see it."

You: "Mind your own business!!"

Then walk out of the store, never to return

·
Registered
45,191 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
clerk; excuse me sir, are you carrying a gun?
me: should I be?
clerk: okay, just checking.
me: miss, are you wearing a thong?
clerk: uhhh..i'm offended that you'd even ask such a question.
me: okay, just checking.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
clerk; excuse me sir, are you carrying a gun?
me: should I be?
clerk: okay, just checking.
me: miss, are you wearing a thong?
clerk: uhhh..i'm offended that you'd even ask such a question.
me: okay, just checking.

^^^^^^^^^^^That there was funny^^^^^

Might have gotten one a crack across the cheek, but its still funny nonetheless

1 - 20 of 27 Posts