Defensive Carry banner

Interesting trade.

1543 Views 29 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Bud White
I have about 13 hours to think about it.

I've been offered a Marlin 336 for my Marlin 1894C in .44 Magnum.

The 336 I've been offered is outfitted with a good sling, a Burris 3-9x40 scope with mount, and has had a pretty good action job. It's pretty slick.

My 1894 is bone stock.

The only thing that sort of bugs me is that the 336 is missing its front iron sight for some reason beyond my comprehension. I'm wondering what kind of expense is involved in replacing it.

Edit: I've gotten to handle the 336 in question and seen it myself. It's in good shape, very minor wear. Also has the extension on the hammer to make it easier to manipulate the hammer with the scope on it.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I want to get a ''thuddy-thuddy'' - have done for ages but in your case here Euc I'd be inclined to keep the '94.

I wonder if that foresight is missing cos of the optics - I removed a foresight on one gun once to get it the heck outa my field of view in scope!

· Registered
940 Posts
Action job, no. Get one done to your specs, not somebody else's. Optics, well you can add them.

Levers are generally worth more in pistol calibers than 30-30 around here anyway - you can get lever 336s all day long for $175ish but I don't see used pistol calibers under $300 *when* they come in.

· Registered
940 Posts
The CAS guys are using pistol caliber carbines, typically the same as what their handgun rig uses.

30-30 ammo is a heck of a lot more expensive, and one of the first items that gets traded if someone shoots a lot and doesn't love to reload.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.