Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in .40 S&W. One of the selling points was the idea that the Carbine could be folded. At the gun store the woman behind the counter said you could keep the gun in a suit case when you travel, that way you could have a firearm in your hotel room. So that got me thinking.

Are there any laws that would not allow me to take this folding carbine with me traveling via car anywhere across the great states?

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
So I recently purchased a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in .40 S&W. One of the selling points was the idea that the Carbine could be folded. At the gun store the woman behind the counter said you could keep the gun in a suit case when you travel, that way you could have a firearm in your hotel room. So that got me thinking.

Are there any laws that would not allow me to take this folding carbine with me traveling via car anywhere across the great states?
I'd say you should be able to transport it unloaded and encased in a locked case, not readily accessible in every state. Provided the state has not declared it an assault weapon and put it on a prohibited list.

Of course you'd need to check each states laws to make sure your not in violation of any of their laws.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'd say you should be able to transport it unloaded and encased in a locked case, not readily accessible in every state. Provided the state has not declared it an assault weapon and put it on a prohibited list.

Of course you'd need to check each states laws to make sure your not in violation of any of their laws.
make sure your magazine capacity does not violate any individual state laws. mere possession of a hi-cap mag in NY is a felony.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have mags that were pre 1994 for my G 19 but not for the Kel-Tec. They are all 10 rounders....boo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts