Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in California. I would like to know the best way to buy a new Ruger 10-22 and get it to my cousin in Oklahoma as a gift?

·
Super Moderator
18,165 Posts
You have to buy the rifle, and then ship it to an FFL in Oklahoma. When your cousing recieves it, that FFL will have to do the 4473 on it. You first need to find an FFL willing to do a transfer.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I just went through this....... you can either do as above...or send him the money and let him handle it.... there is no in between

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some FFL dealers might think you are doing a straw purchase. Just have your cousin purchase it directly, and have his FFL receive it. Other than paying a FFL to receive it in california, and paying him again to ship it out to Oklahoma, and having your cousin pay another FFL fee.

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
I just went through this....... you can either do as above...or send him the money and let him handle it.... there is no in between

Yep. The 10/22 is a relatively inexpensive gun when considering FFL transfer fees. Try this: print out a Ruger 10/22 product sheet off Ruger.com, write on it "Good for one (1) 10/22" and send it to him in the mail and wait for him to tell you the damage. Yeah, not as good as the real thing, but he'll appreciate it.

I know. My wife did this for me when she couldn't find me a Browning Hi Power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all; I appreciate the replies, It sounds like it would be cheaper to fly to Oklahoma, take my cousin out to dinner--pay for it--and then go buy him a gun...

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
Thanks to all; I appreciate the replies, It sounds like it would be cheaper to fly to Oklahoma, take my cousin out to dinner--pay for it--and then go buy him a gun...
Federal and state firearms laws at their finest! Protecting law-abiding citizens from the proliferation of .22 rimfire assault weapons!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts