Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Just a quick introduction. As my profile shows, I used to be in the South African Defence Force ( special services ) . The last area of operations was the Border War. I retired from that in the early ‘90s and have now moved to the USA where I run a private security business. Many interesting experiences to share. My perspective is likely to be different from yours!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Welcome aboard from the commonwealth of Virginia. Nice to have you with us. Did you immigrate here for good?

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Welcome to the forum, WalterB, from Arizona. Glad to have you aboard. Indeed, you must have some quite different experiences that we look forward to hearing of.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Texas.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast. :vs_wave:

I met a friend who served as a wildlife ranger in S. Africa. (I can't remember exactly what his title was). He didn't actually have much to do with wildlife, he hunted poachers. Although he never would say directly, I believe they dispensed a sort of frontier justice instead of arresting them.

Reactions: airslot

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome aboard from the commonwealth of Virginia. Nice to have you with us. Did you immigrate here for good?
Hey, yes I was fortunate enough to be invited here to assist with a startup security firm based upon my experiences in the SADF.
In SA, although getting a firearm is difficult, the country is so messed up that it is essential. Multiple farms attacked with farmers murdered every week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast. :vs_wave:

I met a friend who served as a wildlife ranger in S. Africa. (I can't remember exactly what his title was). He didn't actually have much to do with wildlife, he hunted poachers. Although he never would say directly, I believe they dispensed a sort of frontier justice instead of arresting them.
Yes, those rangers have zero tolerance for poachers. It’s a bounty system.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Yes, those rangers have zero tolerance for poachers. It’s a bounty system.
I sort of lost track of him several years back. We watch Lone Star Law, which is about Texas Game Wardens and someone told me one of the wardens is a young guy who immigrated and is now working for the State of Texas. It may be him.

Anyway, welcome again and glad to have you here.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Hey, yes I was fortunate enough to be invited here to assist with a startup security firm based upon my experiences in the SADF.
In SA, although getting a firearm is difficult, the country is so messed up that it is essential. Multiple farms attacked with farmers murdered every week.
I didn't realize that was still going on. Need to be well armed for that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Welcome from Savannah

1 - 20 of 27 Posts