Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want a pure definition of "chutzpah", the yiddish word meaning unbelievable, incredulous and arrogant actions contrary to any sane understanding by others?
7/11 article in Charleston/SC Post and Courier--A home invasion/intruder at a Columbia home ended up in a physical confrontation with the homeowner. During the confrontation, the intruder "thought" that the homeowner, who was supposedly reaching into his pants, was going to pull a gun from his pants so he shot the homeowner in self defense under Stand Your Ground". At least in SC we still have some judges who have some sanity in their head. The judge turned down the request for a full hearing on this claim adding "it borders of the preposterous for the defendant in this case to claim he was acting lawfully and had the right to kill Mr. Corbitt (the homeowner). Now in California---yada yada yada.

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
WoW , This shows the level of our legal & court system . How anyone could move forward or claim such nonsense. I just spilled coffee in my lap while reading this, i am contacting my attorney as we type.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
This guy must have the dumbest lawyer ever.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Sorry for the homeowner!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
I guess you never know unless you try. The worst the judge could do is say no.

Chutzpah is absoluty the right word.

·
Premium Member
37,641 Posts
This guy must have the dumbest lawyer ever.
As has been seen in another case recently, lawyers on both sides are compelled to go with they have. If straws, what ifs and smoke are all one has...

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
During the confrontation, the intruder "thought" that the homeowner, who was supposedly reaching into his pants, was going to pull a gun from his pants so he shot the homeowner in self defense under Stand Your Ground". At least in SC we still have some judges who have some sanity in their head. The judge turned down the request for a full hearing on this claim adding "it borders of the preposterous for the defendant in this case to claim he was acting lawfully and had the right to kill Mr. Corbitt (the homeowner).
Well, look on the bright side: He all but admitted the fact of his involvement and his attempted murder in front of a sworn judge and LE folk. I can almost see a judge seeing the claim of "not guilty" being just as laughable, though the "justice" system being what it is, of course, the cretin is entitled to claim it and have his noogies handed to him.

·
Registered
43,057 Posts
I guess you never know unless you try. The worst the judge could do is say no.

Chutzpah is absoluty the right word.
No, the worst that can happen is the judge agree to SD.

Reactions: USM1976

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Well he stood his ground, but the only problem was that it wasn't "his" ground.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Some years back there was a fellow that got injured in a fall, during closed business hours. He sued, I don’t recall the outcome of the case, but it was due to injuries falling from a roof that he was about to cut a hole into as to gain entry to said establishment.

As for this case that the court is looking into, at least in my state, the law states, that you need to be in a place that you have a legal right to be in, before it applies.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Now in California---yada yada yada.
There is no Yada, Yada, Yada in Mexifornia aka California as the Homeowner has a duty to retreat! Only if the Homeowner can't exit then they may defend themselves!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lawyers will be lawyers and manipulate the rules to suit their needs...I've lost all respect for most of them over the last 30 years or so!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well he stood his ground, but the only problem was that it wasn't "his" ground.
In its simplest form this answer says it all. They call it Stand Your Ground---that is YOUR ground and not the BG's ground, especially in YOUR home, where Castle Doctrine trumps all and believe me, in SC, we have Castle Doctrine up the ying yang..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts