Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a lot of threads that have an attachment I click on I get this message " Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I've been getting that message a lot on post attachments for the entire time I've been here. I thought maybe it was just a security feature on my 'puter, or something I don't have set up properly on this site.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you provide a link to any of the posts?

Its possible the attachments have been deleted etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have one the best watch (for me) which my lovely wife has bought for me last year
Attachment 309328

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
It looks like at some time in 2018 something got changed with how attachments get processes. The apparently need to.be configured via the "Advanced" post editor and unless done so result in that error.

Will notify the owners.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,270 Posts
Yeah, this has been going on for a long time now and the correct way to put attachments has been posted many times. Thing is, new members don't know this and have issues with attachments.
EXACTLY! How about the administrator putting a permanent notice at the top of the Active Topics page? Or at least a sticky on the new member introduction sub forum - which probably will not be read.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don't always get the "Go Advanced" button when posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts