Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to update you on some legislation that I supported which passed the Iowa House Monday.

The bill would make confidential any personal identifiable information associated with permits to carry and permits to acquire handguns. This would include the name, social security number, date of birth and address of the permit holder. Law enforcement would have access to the information when necessary as part of a criminal investigation.

I think this is a good step in protecting the right of privacy of gun owners.

Dennis Cohoon
State Representative

Looks promising..............

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The bill would make confidential any personal identifiable information associated with permits to carry and permits to acquire handguns. This would include the name, social security number, date of birth and address of the permit holder. Law enforcement would have access to the information when necessary as part of a criminal investigation.
That's exactly as it should be, IMO. Seems to me that nobody outside of a specific, legitimate law enforcement investigation has any real need for knowing anything beyond the statistical aggregate counts of CHL's in a county/city.

Kudos to the rep for introducing the legislation. :yup:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Good. That is only right and proper for personal and public safety.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Well guess what?

Iowa Senate Judiciary leader, Rob Hogg ... A democrat, incidentally, is not going to let it go to the floor of the senate...

Note to self: Tell me how this isn't a conspiracy again?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Well guess what?

Iowa Senate Judiciary leader, Rob Hogg ... A democrat, incidentally, is not going to let it go to the floor of the senate...
In Iowa, what is the process for forcing it through anyway, in spite of the protestations of one person? There's gotta be.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Well guess what?

Note to self: Tell me how this isn't a conspiracy again?
Hogg is mostly standing alone. We're (NRA/IFC) working on reasonable persuasion with Senate Democrats to bring him into line.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
In Iowa, what is the process for forcing it through anyway, in spite of the protestations of one person? There's gotta be.
Hogg is mostly standing alone. We're (NRA/IFC) working on reasonable persuasion with Senate Democrats to bring him into line.
What is "reasonable persuasion" to a politician? A song by The Fabulous Thunderbirds comes to mind:

That's good to hear, hard to believe he would be against this legislation.
M-O-N-E-Y

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.