1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45,327 Posts
Only those in the White House.

·
Premium Member
10,788 Posts
Just ask Israel. They probably know more about how far along they are than we do.
Their survival depends upon it. I bet they have a dozen contingency plans on how to deal with it.
Seem to recall they took out one of Iran's nuke scientist with a remote sniper rifle not so long ago. They are always messing with their computers.
Only a matter of time before they start a war over it. The Jews know if Iran gets the bomb the game is over.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Just ask Israel. They probably know more about how far along they are than we do.
Their survival depends upon it. I bet they have a dozen contingency plans on how to deal with it.
Seem to recall they took out one of Iran's nuke scientist with a remote sniper rifle not so long ago. They are always messing with their computers.
Only a matter of time before they start a war over it. The Jews know if Iran gets the bomb the game is over.
Funny, because a lot of the one's here don't seem to think so. They keep voting for Democrats.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Many interesting things happening. The US contracting with Australia to build nuclear subs and pulling the contract from France for conventional subs. 🤔 During WW2, we had a sub base in Australia. 🤔

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
I believe Iran already has fission-type nuclear weapons. They have had the money they need to buy materials and expertise for long enough and while it is hard to do, it is not that hard. I mean, we did it back in the 40's and all that development information is known. Back in the early 2000's, there was published intel that they were active working on five weapons. That's pretty specific and it is hard to believe that in 20 years, they haven't gotten the job done. So they have them.

But having them and using them is two different things. It is estimated that North Korea has anywhere from 10 to 40 nukes and they would like to bring South Korea to its knees as bad as Iran would like to take out Israel, but they haven't done it. Here are some of their problems with using nukes:
  • It is one thing to have them. You also have to test them. If they test one, the international community will be all over them. They will have sanctions like they have never seen.
  • Israel is no sitting duck. I guarantee they have nukes also, ones that are more likely to be reliable, more powerful and with better deliver mechanisms. And the Iron Dome can take an incoming nuke out of the sky as well as any other missile.
  • The worst, worst case for Iran is launching a nuke at Israel and have it not work or get shot down and discovered. Then Iran gets all the blowback of using a nuke without any success.
  • Nukes are not as powerful as people believe, especially fission devices. I was in the nuke bombing business in the Navy and people have this impression that a nuke is automatic Armageddon. They are terrible weapons, but that is giving them too much credit. A nuke equal to the largest bomb test North Korea has ever done, exploded in downtown Tel Aviv, would be estimated to cause about 100,000 deaths and 200,000 injuries. Israel has nine million people. They have 160,000 active duty military and 450,000 reservists and their military resources are widely spread around the country.
  • Iran would be attacked immediately with everything Israel can throw at them. Iran would have to have a death wish to launch a nuke at Israel.

·
Registered
wheelguns
453 Posts
I believe Iran already has fission-type nuclear weapons. They have had the money they need to buy materials and expertise for long enough and while it is hard to do, it is not that hard. I mean, we did it back in the 40's and all that development information is known. Back in the early 2000's, there was published intel that they were active working on five weapons. That's pretty specific and it is hard to believe that in 20 years, they haven't gotten the job done. So they have them.

But having them and using them is two different things. It is estimated that North Korea has anywhere from 10 to 40 nukes and they would like to bring South Korea to its knees as bad as Iran would like to take out Israel, but they haven't done it. Here are some of their problems with using nukes:
  • It is one thing to have them. You also have to test them. If they test one, the international community will be all over them. They will have sanctions like they have never seen.
  • Israel is no sitting duck. I guarantee they have nukes also, ones that are more likely to be reliable, more powerful and with better deliver mechanisms. And the Iron Dome can take an incoming nuke out of the sky as well as any other missile.
  • The worst, worst case for Iran is launching a nuke at Israel and have it not work or get shot down and discovered. Then Iran gets all the blowback of using a nuke without any success.
  • Nukes are not as powerful as people believe, especially fission devices. I was in the nuke bombing business in the Navy and people have this impression that a nuke is automatic Armageddon. They are terrible weapons, but that is giving them too much credit. A nuke equal to the largest bomb test North Korea has ever done, exploded in downtown Tel Aviv, would be estimated to cause about 100,000 deaths and 200,000 injuries. Israel has nine million people. They have 160,000 active duty military and 450,000 reservists and their military resources are widely spread around the country.
  • Iran would be attacked immediately with everything Israel can throw at them. Iran would have to have a death wish to launch a nuke at Israel.

An atmospheric nuke launched by a regime that cares not for their own lives and the lives of their people because Allah will reward them for destroying infidels will cause massive EMP caused power outages. This would cause way more than 100K deaths over the course time. No power, no clean water, no sanitation, no food, no emergency services. Pretty much mad max within a month. Less than that in a major city.

Good article on this here:

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts

All good points but the leadership in Iran believes it their duty to bring down Israel. Iran's destruction if it brings "the holy one" back, they will sacrifice to achieve that.

One must be careful to avoid projecting western thoughts and goals onto middle eastern nations. False reasoning and an incorrect assessment of understanding will result.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
An atmospheric nuke launched by a regime that cares not for their own lives and the lives of their people because Allah will reward them for destroying infidels will cause massive EMP caused power outages. This would cause way more than 100K deaths over the course time. No power, no clean water, no sanitation, no food, no emergency services. Pretty much mad max within a month. Less than that in a major city.

Good article on this here:

Don't buy that BS that a regime doesn't care about their own lives. They may not care about their people, but the guys at the top use that "Allah will reward them" as propaganda for the masses. They didn't get where they are by allowing their religion to make them stupid.

And the EMP thing has been a tinfoil hat boogeyman for a long time. It is possible, but why hasn't anyone done it? It's because the effects are unpredictable, and because it does not prevent retaliation. With Iran and Israel so close, they could just as easily shut down their own grid.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
All good points but the leadership in Iran believes it their duty to bring down Israel. Iran's destruction if it brings "the holy one" back, they will sacrifice to achieve that.

One must be careful to avoid projecting western thoughts and goals onto middle eastern nations. False reasoning and an incorrect assessment of understanding will result.
I was off the coast of Iran for eight months and we got continual intel briefs on them. I have a pretty good idea where they're coming from.

They may not have the same motivations we do, but they are coldly rational.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts