Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Mike Bloomberg's gun control ads backfired

"Michael Bloomberg is so pleased with the sound of Michael Bloomberg's own voice that he simply cannot help but tell voters what to do, even when doing so harms the causes he supports."

Let's hope it is true, and that Bloomberg does for the Second Amendment what Obama did for the firearms and ammunition industry.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Bloomie is everything that people complained about Mitt Romney, but with Libtards that passes as normal.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Power projection within the bubble, but not without.

Reactions: sensei2

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The majority of active voters are mindless , illiterate, bottom feeders who vote for the give-aways and entitlements that the likes of the Bloombergs promise from the taxpayers pockets. When he runs out of other people's money, Bloomie will still be a billionaire then we'll see what he does for the unwashed masses.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Being one of the richest men in the United States, Bloomberg bought his election.

As for his anti-gun stance, I say let him keep up the rhetoric.

Let ALL of the democrats keep spewing their anti-gun threats and see what happens in 2014.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
It's kinda hard to tell exactly how Bloomberg's ad's are affecting the masses... I guess we will see when gun control legislation comes up for a vote again. Or in 2014....

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
From the article:

These senators probably thought a hell of a lot longer about the consequences of their gun control vote than the mayor did. The fact that they chose to vote against the measures should probably have suggested that the mayor might have been misreading the political tea leaves of North Carolina, Arkansas, and Louisiana.

This pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
NYC thinks it is the dog, when it is merely the tail. This should be an expensive lesson learned for Bloomberg, but arrogance seldom yields to logic.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
"The mayor of New York City is running ads again me, because I oppose President Obama's gun-control legislation. ... I'm Mark Pryor. And I approve this message because no one from New York or Washington tells me what to do. I listen to Arkansas."
Now that's the type of stuff I like to hear!

·
Super Moderator
19,463 Posts
Apparently when you buy your votes ("buy" = influencing votes by spreading large sums of money around in various ways), you stop listening to the electorate. Bloomie is a glaring example of the arrogance which sadly infects too many people who are extremely wealthy.

Reactions: 84160

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Why Mike Bloomberg's gun control ads backfired

"Michael Bloomberg is so pleased with the sound of Michael Bloomberg's own voice that he simply cannot help but tell voters what to do, even when doing so harms the causes he supports."

Let's hope it is true, and that Bloomberg does for the Second Amendment what Obama did for the firearms and ammunition industry.
THAT, would be the best thing ever.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Is Bloomberg Wrecking His Own Agenda?
Even for political hacks and destroyers for whom this is true, it generally never creates the groundswell of popular backlash to matter to them while hired by the People. Realization by folks of what they're doing, sufficient to come to the point of fully ejecting them, rarely happens.

Are Bloomers' knickers on too tight, strangling his agenda? Let that be true, every single day. Sadly, even if it were true, he's got enough funds and "political cat" inside to buy enough Teflon it won't matter. He's "King Knickers" and he knows it.

·
Premium Member
5,916 Posts
Bloomberg has made himself a caricature of an arrogant, preachy, rich, northern Liberal. It may not make any difference to his political life because NYC is made up of two groups:arrogant, rich Liberals and poor welfare recipients who live off of "free stuff" and Bloomberg makes sure they know where that free stuff is coming from. So, I don't really see Bloomberg losing the NYC vote.

The good news is that other pro 2A candidates are using his arrogance against him. I love that! Keep talking Bloomy...we need your help out here in the Heartlands. Nothing would make me happier than to see Joe Manchin show up in one of Bloomberg's ads about gun control. Maybe WV would wake up to who Joe really is and take care of business in the next election.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Let ALL of the democrats keep spewing their anti-gun threats and see what happens in 2014.
- Democrats aren't the only anti-gun candidates.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
As I have said before.....Bloomberg is the Village Idiot, and the people of his village can keep him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts