Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to travel through Boston next month (Virginia to New Hampshire)....How hard is Logan to deal with firearms?

I have to land in Boston & drive from there......

·
Registered
475 Posts
Logan is just bad--period. Guns or no guns. Better choices are Providence or Manchester. I'm sure others will have more on traveling with firearms.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I would not fly to any state with my handgun if they did not recognize my carry permit in that state.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
If your second flight is delayed or cancelled,do not take possesion of your checked bags.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Logan ticket counters do not call anyone to check on LTC's etc. Never had any issues with that happening, nor anyone ever asking if I'm licensed, but I do have a Mass LTC anyway, so wouldn't have any problems.

That said, I would advise flying into Manchester instead without a MA LTC, just to be on the safe side. Logan isn't like NYC or Newark and they don't seem to jam up travelers passing through, but YMMV. I'm unclear on RI handgun possession laws, so you'd have to research that.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Check out Handgunlaw.us, Gary probably has some insight how you will need to transport your firearm after you land, and while you are traveling in MA.

People here may have some insight as to what you encounter when you return to Logan to depart for home.

Another option would be to contact the MA Attorney General's office to get some guidance. After all they ARE supposed to be public servants (ha), let them do some work and look things up.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I had a 4:30am return flight out of Boston Logan back to DFW a couple of months ago and was so out of it that I handed by Texas CHL license to the TSA agent by mistake instead of my drivers license. He smirked, asked if I was joking, and called his supervisor over. I still wasn't sure what I had done to raise his ire. The supervisor came over and simply said the he hadn't seen "one of these" in a couple of years, handed it back to me and waved me through. It wasn't until he handed my license back to me that I realized what I had done.

I definitely needed more coffee that morning...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts