Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the Disney Theme parks do not allow concealed carry but what about Disney Springs? Does anyone know of a general policy which covers Disney Springs? I know that the AMC theater at Disney Springs does not allow concealed carry (no different than any other AMC). Disney Springs is basically an outdoor mall with shops, restaurants, and entertainment (bowling alley, movie theater, etc...). I cant seem to find a concealed carry policy on the Disney Springs website.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Disney is a classic "gun free zone". Not even off duty cops allowed. I haven't been there since they started with metal detectors so I don't know how thoroughly they scan.

·
Registered
36,248 Posts
Disney is Disney, from one boundary to the other.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
But Disney Springs (formerly Main Street USA) is open to the public without paying any sort of admission. Restaurants and shops... nothing posted that I saw.

·
Premium Member
8,083 Posts
I carried everywhere in Disney , but I did so before the metal detectors went in . I would think and open air shopping facility would be hard to monitor like Disney Springs . You can enter from anywhere on the multiple parking areas .

I will not be in Disney for maybe 4 or 5 more years so I will cross that road when I get there , next Florida trip would most likely be Hard Rock and then the Keys .

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
You can bet that if it is a gathering place for hundreds of vulnerable people there will be no weapons allowed. Doesn't matter where it is...mostly.

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
Disney is Disney. Feel free to carry as long as you don't worry about potential consequences if you have to use it.

Reactions: spiritfox

·
Registered
406 Posts
Legally, yes, you can. It's not in the list of areas that are included in 790.06, (12)(a). But I don't think they want you to, if that matters to you.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I was at Disney Springs last November but it didn't carry. As for crime it seems to be pretty safe. With the current ISIS stuff you never know where or when. If I go again I'll probably just deep conceal.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
832 Posts
I went to La Nouba at Disney Springs last October. I carried and had a great time! No metal detectors though. That may have changed since or is going to change.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We were there last fall and I don't recall seeing any Criminal Protection Zone signs in Disney Springs.

This is not Disneyworld proper--it is an open business/entertainment district, with no entrance screening, admission fees, etc. Disney Springs seamlessly integrates with the surrounding community.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We were there last fall and I don't recall seeing any Criminal Protection Zone signs in Disney Springs.

This is not Disneyworld proper--it is an open business/entertainment district, with no entrance screening, admission fees, etc. Disney Springs seamlessly integrates with the surrounding community.
I was at Disney Springs today with my family, while we were shopping I was approached by security and two deputies. Security asked me if I was carrying a weapon. I was taken off guard at first, this is the first time this has ever happened to me. He then said I know you are carrying a weapon and asked if I had a concealed carry permit. I replied yes and then he asked me to provide it to the deputies. Being former law enforcement I'm sure the deputy stepped away to do a warrant check on me. Security then told me that this was private property and that I could not carry here.

There were no signs posted anywhere stating I could not carry on the property, I looked as I was walking in, since I know you cannot carry in the parks. After further conversation he asked me to take it to my car or leave.

Fortunately I have a lockbox in my car to store my weapon for when I go someplace I know I cannot carry. Also he made me provide him my drivers license, he said it was because law enforcement was with him when he made contact(I'm sure it's so they can trespass me if I ever carry there again). I will never go back there again, so no fear in that.

The whole experience made me feel like I was a criminal, I was doing nothing wrong, just shopping with my family and told I was not welcome their because I was legally exercising my second amendment right and have a concealed carry permit.

I felt like everyone was looking and judging me for doing something that was completely legal. it seems like legal gun owners are being judged as criminals when all I want to do is be able to protect my family if something happens when we are out in public.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sad but true SigZero... feel for ya... and we go to disney a ton, and have walked through disney springs a bunch of times too... shame....

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was at Disney Springs today with my family, while we were shopping I was approached by security and two deputies. Security asked me if I was carrying a weapon. I was taken off guard at first, this is the first time this has ever happened to me. He then said I know you are carrying a weapon and asked if I had a concealed carry permit. I replied yes and then he asked me to provide it to the deputies. Being former law enforcement I'm sure the deputy stepped away to do a warrant check on me. Security then told me that this was private property and that I could not carry here.

There were no signs posted anywhere stating I could not carry on the property, I looked as I was walking in, since I know you cannot carry in the parks. After further conversation he asked me to take it to my car or leave.

Fortunately I have a lockbox in my car to store my weapon for when I go someplace I know I cannot carry. Also he made me provide him my drivers license, he said it was because law enforcement was with him when he made contact(I'm sure it's so they can trespass me if I ever carry there again). I will never go back there again, so no fear in that.

The whole experience made me feel like I was a criminal, I was doing nothing wrong, just shopping with my family and told I was not welcome their because I was legally exercising my second amendment right and have a concealed carry permit.

I felt like everyone was looking and judging me for doing something that was completely legal. it seems like legal gun owners are being judged as criminals when all I want to do is be able to protect my family if something happens when we are out in public.
Not trying to be a pain but how did they know? I figured it was off limits being Disney but I'm just curious. I have heard that the security is cutting edge but that was here say.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Sounds like someone alerted the Deputy's to me. I always carry at Disney Springs, and the AMC Cinema.

With the Grand Kids, 4 & 6 year old's. If I can not carry when out with the Munchkins, I am not going there.

My Son once worked for Disney Security, he was not impressed, their Security is not armed. Ten Terrorists, each with Glock 17s, 4 22 round magazines, plus the 17 round mag. in the pistol, plus 1 in the tube.

106 rounds each X 10 equals 1060 rounds! Can you imagine the havoc they could cause.
Or just one nut case with a large knife? See what happens to the flow of visitors then.

And the powers that be, do not want ordinary Citizens to be armed. It's called self defense.
That becomes signed? My last visit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure how they knew, my guess is that they have upgraded their camera system to body imaging technology. I carry inside the pants with a Don Hume holster, not a noticeable bulge. All I know is that I can choose where to spend my money and I will not be spending it at Disney any longer and we have held annual passes for years, no longer.

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/news/news-items/2211/ Radar scanner detects hidden guns, knives and explosives

·
Registered
235 Posts
The parks now have random metal detector screenings as of several months ago.. but at RANDOM selection... I found it shocking that this happened at Disney Springs, as its an open air, public area... shopping and restaurant are so to speak... Im also going to go with someone alerted them to the possibility...

Im curious, did you interact at all with the sheriff's or strictly the Disney Security people?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts